Bull vs bushed barrel - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Bull vs bushed barrel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Don't got no 1911's that require a take down tool. Most all the pistols I got are Government, bushing type, and I got nothing against a bull barrel, but I just rather use my hands and thumbs than a tool, when you need to do an ASAP, on the go field strip/repair.

But, that's just me, a direct result, no doubt from that damn past "Army training."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

My Kimber has the bull barrel and quite frankly, I would have preferred a traditional barrel & bushing. But, it offered a lot of goodies for the price, so I went for it.

I don't care for the idea of having to use a tool to disassemble it. However, I've had it apart twice and other than being different to disassemble, it's not a big deal.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-16-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

my colt new agant has a bull barrel and the bushing is still there its just got the spring capture part with the barrel part removed. needs no take down tools works just fine. colt went away from bushings on the short 3 inch barrels due to reliability issues with bushings on barrels that short.

shoots just fine and super reliable.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I have one of each, Sig with the bushing and Kimber Ultra Carry bull barrel. I don't really care for the take down tool but it's not too bad. You can take the Kimber down and re-assemble without using the tool but it aint easy, did it once and that was enough.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem."
Ronald Wilson Reagan, 1911-2004, 40th President of the United States of America

Old 03-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #15

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
True. But without the bull barrel, as long as I have my thumbs, I always have 'the tool'.
Maybe that's why people look at me and say, "He's such a tool" when I'm at the range......?

Old 03-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #16

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Maybe that's why people look at me and say, "He's such a tool" when I'm at the range......?
Yes Lon, that's it exactly!