building a 1911 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > building a 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 04:36 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Don't cut, grind, drill or refinish any metal. One of these days you may regret it. Got any pics of what you have?
as you will see the finish is pretty bad so it will have to be refinished. I first thought about parkerizing it, but after I found out a little more about what it is I decided to just reblue it. I would never drill, cut, or grind it. It has its original sights but if I want to scope it I will try to find a mount that will use a ring mount or I just accept the chalange of hunting with steel sights. The bolt is original notice the hollow ball on the bolt and the reciever and barrel do match numbers. I would concider selling it if the price is right but I'm kind of looking at is as a winter project but I have another one to build up.
020.jpg   021.jpg   022.jpg   023.jpg  

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."

-- Abraham Lincoln, 4 April 1861

Old 08-17-2010, 04:52 AM   #12

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Looks decent. Do you have the mag parts and floorplate?

My advice is to leave it alone and sell/trade it to someone who needs one. The 33/40 is not nearly as common as a K98k.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-17-2010, 05:04 AM   #13

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Hop onto GB and check out auction number 184976093. It is never gonna sell for that, but it is not your average $350 K98k, either.

Do you want to make irreversible changes to something that they did not make many of?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-17-2010, 07:47 AM   #14
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3150 Times on 1815 Posts
Likes Given: 1344

Did you do any work on cleaning up the slide? That is close to what I have been looking for. I have a "US Property" marked frame, and all the other parts. My frame needs to get blued. Interested in selling?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Looks decent. Do you have the mag parts and floorplate?

My advice is to leave it alone and sell/trade it to someone who needs one. The 33/40 is not nearly as common as a K98k.
I have floor plate and mag parts that will work with it but are not original. Since I found out what it is I wouldn't make a major alteration to it. Part of the bluing is gone. I also know it will never be make original with matching numbers however I did find a stock on GB #184303234 which is decent priced. The first time I looked for anything for it the only stock I found was 750. I haven't decided what to do yet. It wouldn't hurt it to put it in a spoterized stock and shoot it some but I could also use the money for some of my other projects

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it."

Old 08-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Did you do any work on cleaning up the slide? That is close to what I have been looking for. I have a "US Property" marked frame, and all the other parts. My frame needs to get blued. Interested in selling?
I did some light wire brushing to get the surface rust off to tell more and thats when I discovered some pitting. I'll try to get some more pictures tonight to show it better. I am interested in selling it. I've seen some in this shape for around 200 but I've also seen some in better shape around 200. I'm not real sure what it is worth. Take a look and make me an offer.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:10 AM   #17
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I've got a sandblasted Colt commercial slide of the same time frame. Would you like to work that into the deal?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 08-18-2010, 02:00 AM   #18

Here are some better pictures the pitting. See if it is something you may be interested.

002.jpg   003.jpg   006.jpg  

Old 08-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #19
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Can you get me a pic of the firing pin areas (front and back), and inside of slide? Thanks.
And yes, I am still interested.

Amendment II:

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #20

Let me know what you think

002.jpg   004.jpg   005.jpg   008.jpg   001.jpg