Bright or Polished ss 1911? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Bright or Polished ss 1911?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Some old Springers were made with high polish finishes (BTW, that streak is oil I just couldn't get off):

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 10-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #12

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

My local Sportsman's warehouse has a hard chrome SA in a sister store. $570.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #13

Well that's just weird, what I should have said, is that when I was looking at 1911's in the SW store a couple days ago, I was informed that the other store had it in stock. There, that sounds better.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #14

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
My local Sportsman's warehouse has a hard chrome SA in a sister store. $570.
That sounds like a good buy

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 10-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #15

Mr. Wray, my local Sportsman's warehouse has the best prices on new guns in my area by far. Now the Springer TRP was 1400 and some change. The Springer RO is $799. Then the one I mentioned earlier, and that was the higher of the basic models

These are springer basic models at their store, or transferable from another SW store or distribution center to theirs.
GI champion-$519
GI-$519
GI Stainless-$559
GI Hardchrome-$569

Now their rifle prices are fair, no really great cheap deals but no real ripoffs either.

They also just got in the Ruger SR1911 for $650, and they are having trouble keeping the R1 in stock at $630.

Now there's a store down the road a ways that has some lower prices on used guns, but their new guns are higher.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Mr. Wray, my local Sportsman's warehouse has the best prices on new guns in my area by far. Now the Springer TRP was 1400 and some change. The Springer RO is $799. Then the one I mentioned earlier, and that was the higher of the basic models

These are springer basic models at their store, or transferable from another SW store or distribution center to theirs.
GI champion-$519
GI-$519
GI Stainless-$559
GI Hardchrome-$569

Now their rifle prices are fair, no really great cheap deals but no real ripoffs either.

They also just got in the Ruger SR1911 for $650, and they are having trouble keeping the R1 in stock at $630.

Now there's a store down the road a ways that has some lower prices on used guns, but their new guns are higher.
Now i wish that i had one of those stores close to where i live. The closest similar store to me is bass pro

Old 10-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #17

We have a Bass Pro in Memphis. I don't like their prices, they are marked up beyond MSRP. Sportsman's Warehouse is below MSRP, which just means to me that firearms sales is not where they make their money, but in the other products.

In fact I don't like any Bass Pro shops, I think their prices of everything is too high. Come on, 5 bucks for a piece of fudge? $4 for some Bass Pro chocolate covered raisins? Forget it. And now the corporation has bought the Memphis Pyramid and is looking at turning it into one of their stores. Crazy. And talking about putting a giant fake fish on the side.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #18

Quote:
We have a Bass Pro in Memphis. I don't like their prices, they are marked up beyond MSRP. Sportsman's Warehouse is below MSRP, which just means to me that firearms sales is not where they make their money, but in the other products.

In fact I don't like any Bass Pro shops, I think their prices of everything is too high. Come on, 5 bucks for a piece of fudge? $4 for some Bass Pro chocolate covered raisins? Forget it. And now the corporation has bought the Memphis Pyramid and is looking at turning it into one of their stores. Crazy. And talking about putting a giant fake fish on the side.
Your right, they are way high on their prices

Old 10-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #19

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I haven't done any business with either, but from what I've read, Bass Pro Shop & Cabela's both give out "coupons" for discounts, free freight, etc. If you utilize their coupon system, it brings their prices in line. If you don't, prices will be high & you are paying for the coupons that others use.

I think of it the same as those manufacturers who offer mail-in rebates. If I want the item I determine if it's worth the price, to me, without the rebate. If so, I buy it & if I get a rebate, that's gravey. If there are too many hoops to jump through to get it, I'm still happy with my purchase.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee View Post
I haven't done any business with either, but from what I've read, Bass Pro Shop & Cabela's both give out "coupons" for discounts, free freight, etc. If you utilize their coupon system, it brings their prices in line. If you don't, prices will be high & you are paying for the coupons that others use.

I think of it the same as those manufacturers who offer mail-in rebates. If I want the item I determine if it's worth the price, to me, without the rebate. If so, I buy it & if I get a rebate, that's gravey. If there are too many hoops to jump through to get it, I'm still happy with my purchase.
That's very true, and some of their coupons are very valuable. But, and there's always a but, Sportsman's Warehouse also has coupons, many of them, and they are comparable to Bass Pro and Cabela's too.

So something with a cheaper sticker price, and a coupon, is still cheaper than a more expensive item with the same coupon.

One thing I will give Cabela's, Gander Mtn., and Bass Pro any day of the week though is this-They have a ton more stuff, more brands, more quantity, more brands, and more specialty items.

If you can't find something at SW, chances are you can at one of the other 3.