Bought a RIA 1911 today - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Bought a RIA 1911 today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 10:52 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Cannot disagree with that statement!

.45 ball is certainly MORE than adequate! But being the weird guy that I am, I had to try what they said I shouldn't do!

Regardless, I feel completely safe using the RIA as my carry gun. Much easier to hide than my Glock 21 double stack .45, and can easily conceal two 8 round mags on my person. Unless I run into a small army, 25 rounds of .45ACP should be adequate!

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Adequate indeed.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-25-2010, 02:12 AM   #23

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

tis all i run

i have seen the light

Old 11-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Great Trade

Hello all, RON L here

Yup, Years ago, after and work and had sold off a few of my own guns! I decided to replace a few I had sold off! Upon reviewing the New and used Prices of Colt, Springfiend 1911A1's and Browning High power pistols! The sticker shock alone was enough to drive a man nuts?

I looked at a few Used Colts and Springfield Armory 1911A1 examples! A Shop I deal with got in a New R.I.A. in the box, after looking it over, field stripping and it and a few function tests!

I laid it away and after a few months got it home, I again field striipped and cleaned it and headed to the range! As someone else said, the 8 shot mag that came with it was not to my liking! I replaced it was a few USGI 7 rounders and a 8 Round colt made mag.

Off to the range! After a few boxes of 230 gn FMJ, I did try a few JHP's they did function and I had no feed or eject issues! While they did function, I prefer and use 230 gn most times! I'm not about 5K through my RIA, a base Model and although the sites are small, are fine for the close up work that I use a handgun for! Considering the Dealer mark up, as well as the Quality of the gun, I'm quite pleased! I hope you will be as well!

I'd prefer to have the tactical Model, but except for the sites I have replaces a few items so mine is just short of 1! I replaced the trigger with an Adjustable model, a tigher barrel bushing and grip screws with hex ones! The gun right out of box shoots as well as any Colt I've had and 1/2 the Investment!

RON

Old 11-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I would have preferred the Tactical model as well. They didn't have any in stock and I am tight on money, so the GI model is fine.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-26-2010, 12:28 AM   #26

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts

I recently purchased a RIA basic GI in 38 super,as it was a caliber I had not yet shot.I was very pleased with how it shot,slide was a bit slow,cases ejected at time right into my face,mag was at best cheesy,but I did have a couple of McCormicks.A good cleaning later and she ran a lot smoother.A great shooter for the money.I did change out the plain wood grips for some flat rubber Pierce grips.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:08 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I shot Jo da plumbers' Commander .38 Super last weekend. It was pure sweetness. If I wasn't on such a strict budget, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. But it's a spendy round and I just bought the RIA.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:17 PM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I like mine. It's the Tactical version. Shoots nice, right to point of aim. Looks better with some decent grips. I think it needs some 3 dot sights instead of black target sights.

Last edited by 1911Jeeper; 11-27-2010 at 08:41 PM.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #29

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Jeeper View Post
I like mine. Shoots nice, right to point of aim. Looks better with some decent grips. I think it needs some 3 dot sights instead of black target sights.

nice heater love the trigger

i have seen the light

Old 11-27-2010, 07:10 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Nice Rock Jeeper.

I was over on another forum and found a set of Esmerelda Cocobolo gips that are the same design as the ones on my Sistema. So, I bought them. This way both of my 1911's will have matching grips. It's really lipstick on a pig, but I just couldn't help myself.