Best and worst - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Best and worst

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

For being a best and worst thread, you surely aren't doing a very good job. You each have your opinion, but claiming he's supporting terrorism is a bit over the top.

But thats MY opinion. Since I dont agree with anything YOU say, I MUST be a terrorist.

S.S.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

A GHEY terrorist, like Rosie Odonnel!!!! BLECH!!! I can't believe I typed that!!

Shoot me!!

Old 08-24-2009, 10:26 AM   #23

LOL.

My last and final message to this "mr1911wannabe"...

Why in the world would you tell a SUPPORTING MEMBER to go somewhere else, when you have donated nothing to this forum? He gives GOOD, VALUABLE info..Wish I could say the same about you.

Enjoy these 2 birds as I walk away.

S.S.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 753X0 View Post
NGIB, I'm not aware of Sig or Beretta supplying Extremists and the Taliban with weapons. I they were, my opinion would be the same as that of Norinco. Who is supplying them covertly to this day.
I don't have anything against firearms manufactured in other countries, just the ones that are actively engaging in aiding our enemies. Like I wrote before, do a Google search and look. They, Norinco, was caught redhanded smuggling components for Chem. Scud missiles into Iraq while we were at war with them. Do some research.
I'm talking about the present day, not wars that happened long ago. Sure we sold a lot of countries weapons, but we didn't have a crystal ball at the time, it seemed like the right choice. Hindsight is 20/20.
Considering your Sig. line and the fact that you had a son on duty over there, I'm very surprised at your opinion.
Mr 753X0,
Thank you for your service to our county. I would like to respectfully disagree with you; Norinco firearms can no longer be imported in this as of May 2003 so any Norinco being bought is used. Therefore you're supporting someone who selling the firearm because they more than likely need some cash in these hard economic times, and not supporting terrorism by putting money into the Chi-coms pockets.

Again thank you for your service

Q. What’s black and blue and dead all over?

A. Anyone who dares to tell a joke about President Obama in public.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:57 AM   #25

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Not that I feel the need to justify owning a Norc, but I will tell you I bought this one from a disabled fella that needed the money to pay medical bills. I gave him his full asking price even though I could have dickered him down for sure...

Old 08-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #26

Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 753X0 View Post
Before you get to proud of your Norincos, you should know that this company also sells the following to countries such as Iran. Who inturn sneaks them across the border to be fired at our troops, me included.

ETA: I'm like to add that I think this company is not the norm for China, alot of things are made in their country that are just fine, (although I'd like to see our trade deficit more balanced).
Norinco, is what I'm talking about. It gets pretty demoralizing to have these weapons fired at you, (complete with the their markings)., and then see people in your own country supporting them.

# QBZ-95, an assault rifle
#Norinco-designed QBZ-95 rifle.
# QBB 95, a squad automatic weapon version of the QBZ-95
#Type 56, a clone of the Russian AK47
# Type 86S bullpup assault rifle
# Type 88 sniper rifle
# Type 69 RPG anti-armor rocket launcher, a clone of the RPG-7
# Type 98 anti-tank rocket 120 mm anti-tank rocket system
I am a Desert Storm VETERAN. I own a Norinco AK. I sleep like a baby everynight. I don't need to put a guilt trip on civilians because I feel "demoralized". My job was to go, do, and stay alive. I leave the politics to the electorate.

Just about everything you buy at Walmart funnels cash into chinese state supported industry and the economy. Norinco doesn't sell a damn thing without the government giving it the nod. Wake up man.

Oh and by the way, that AK of mine, almost twenty years old and has never malfunctioned....ever.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:41 PM   #27

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

This thread is slowly turning into a pissing contest. I'm thinking it's going to end up closed here shortly if it continues down the same path.

Some people need to learn that it's not their mission to debate any opinion out there that is different then their own.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #28

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

It would be of great help if political comments were kept in the political area. I come here to discuss guns myself...

Old 08-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #29

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
SIGs are used buy some of our military shooting teams
pray tell who uses Sigs on the shooting teams.

The largest shooting team (USAMU) doesn't use sigs. Service pistol has to be a Beretta M9. The action pistol are shooting full custom 1911 rigs.

The USMC shooting team doesn't use Sigs. I have a friend that was on the USMC pistol team for 4 years.

The USAF shooting team doesn't use Sigs.

Oh and the USN Shooting team doesn't use sigs either.

So who uses sig's for their shooting team?

As far as top three mine are

Wilson Combat
Nighthawk Custom
Les Baer

Bottom three would be
yah there are none.

On more than a few places the Kimbers get knocked because many of the internal parts are MIM and there is always a chance you can get an air bubble in the part with the MIM process. They are more prone to breakage then forged or machined parts. The external extractor is one of the best additions to a 1911 anyone has made. They are bigger stronger and easier to clean and take care of than the hidden internal extractor.

I think it is blasphmy for you to even say there is a bottom 3 1911 makers out there. For that you should be stripped of your 1911's and your screen name and be given the screen name of Glocks Rocks.

All this being said. I think all parties need to step back away from this thread. You can have your opinion and so can everyone else.

Last edited by cpttango30; 08-24-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #30

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Getting back to the theme of the best/worst, I'm not going to fall into the squabbles other than to say-you don't tell a supporting member to go somewhere else-especially a respected supporting member that's been here longer/has a LOT more posts than you.

My picks for the 3 absolute pieces of crap as based on my experience of a rather long career as a professional gunsmith.
Wyoming Arms Parker
Laseraim-later version of Wyoming Arms
Both of these were american made, total (on average) POS, and poor non 1911 parts interchangability design
llama-again non 1911 parts interchangability AND critical plastic parts such as the plunger tube.

As to the best-
Les Baer
Wilson Combat
Ed Brown

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!