Best light for no-rail 1911 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Best light for no-rail 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I'm sorry if I came off like a dick again.

This place used to be different. People asked complete questions and other people offered industry worthy answers.

Then we got into a whole bunch of forum silliness and now sometimes a lot of those zingers and taking things out of context acts spill over into real, legitimate gun questions, which is where this all started. A place for gun questions.

This seemed like a legit question about a legit issue as he has signed up for a class. That is a responsible move on his part and I immediately went all Alpha Gorilla because I didn't want him to come back to a whole thread worth of crap posts that told him nothing and then he up and bails on the site.

Apologies all around.

JD
No apology necessary. I agree with Hoss though. The OP needs to clear this up a bit.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

In my opinion, the OP MAY HAVE been looking for an option to install into or into his firearm. After all, you don't have to tell me what type of weapon you're using, if you are looking for suggestions for a light for one's support hand, right? Case in point the title of the thread: "Best light for no-rail 1911".

Just sayin...

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 10-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #23

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I am talking about it on the pistol.
I don't usually like to put electronic things on my gun that could run out of batteries but might as well put money toward that then some other dumb thing i'll spend on.

I've seen some light that clips onto the finger guard. Don't know if that's crap or not.

I'm glad to see that you can tap and add a rail to the bottom for any light i feel like. very cool.

NOW, what was that light that Hit Girl from Kick-Ass movie had? The one that strobes the crap out of the guy?

- Gloves
"When the situation gets too hot, put Gloves on"
or
"If the gun is cold to the touch, put Gloves on" -RustyShackleford101

Old 10-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #24

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves View Post
Well, there you have it. I was 10,000% wrong and officially and humbly apologize.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #25

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves View Post
I don't usually like to put electronic things on my gun that could run out of batteries but might as well put money toward that then some other dumb thing i'll spend on.

I've seen some light that clips onto the finger guard. Don't know if that's crap or not.

I'm glad to see that you can tap and add a rail to the bottom for any light i feel like. very cool.

NOW, what was that light that Hit Girl from Kick-Ass movie had? The one that strobes the crap out of the guy?
http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=178
Probably not the exact one, but it has a strobe.