Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Best light for no-rail 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
No it doesn't!

It says "Best light for a no-rail 1911"

No rail AND I want the best light

It doesn't say "No rail, but I need one and the best light".

If he wanted a rail, he would have stated that his pistol doesn't have a rail, but he needs one, so which one is best to put on and how I go about it.
Then why would he include "no-rail 1911" in it at all if he didn't want to mount it on the gun? He even describes his gun as being a Kimber with no rail in the actual post.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #12

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

What is the best light? Yeah, after posting a reply, I tried this reading comprehension thing that was mentioned.

So since there is apparently some question about what the OP wants, tell us, Gloves, are you searching for simply the best light, or pretty much all available options?

Old 10-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoyleTheDog View Post
Then why would he include "no-rail 1911" in it at all if he didn't want to mount it on the gun? He even describes his gun as being a Kimber with no rail in the actual post.
Because he is telling you that he has this brand of 1911, it doesn't have a light rail, but he wants one for the course he has signed up to take.

If he said "What's the best light for a 1911" everyone would have asked if he had a rail or not and what kind of 1911 he was running.

The question probably would have been better suited for the "Firearms, Gear and Accessories" category instead of the 1911 category as it immediately makes one think he is posting about the gun.

Maybe he is, but his post reads to me that he is looking for the best light option, not the best rail and light combo to install on the gun.

And, if he is looking to install a rail and get a gun mount rail, we still didn't get any good advice save one post, concerning doing that, we got recommendations to drop the course, which is of little help either.

JD

Old 10-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #14

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Because he is telling you that he has this brand of 1911, it doesn't have a light rail, but he wants one for the course he has signed up to take.

If he said "What's the best light for a 1911" everyone would have asked if he had a rail or not and what kind of 1911 he was running.

The question probably would have been better suited for the "Firearms, Gear and Accessories" category instead of the 1911 category as it immediately makes one think he is posting about the gun.

Maybe he is, but his post reads to me that he is looking for the best light option, not the best rail and light combo to install on the gun.

And, if he is looking to install a rail and get a gun mount rail, we still didn't get any good advice save one post, concerning doing that, we got recommendations to drop the course, which is of little help either.

JD
Well, read it 7 times & I think Dillinger is making the correct decypher from a poorly worded (IMO) question
At 1st (& 2nd & 3rd ) read it DOES seem he's wanting a mounted light on a non railed gun tho------ Kind of like one of those pictures that askes "What do YOU see"

And HEY- Drop the stoopid course

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Dillinger Likes This 
Old 10-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #15

I could be wrong and read the question 180-degrees from you guys. It wouldn't be the first time and I am definitely man enough to admit it if I got it wrong.

Supposing he wants a good quality, easy to install rail, here is a great one with super easy instructions.

http://www.novaksights.com/products/lightrails.html

Surefire makes a bastardized version that replaces the slide release and looks like hell, but it's easy to install. I guess.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/surefire-mount-mr07.html

And as for a MOUNTED weapon light:

Insight makes a good one (though I dislike their on/off switch personally)

http://shopholsters.com/insight-pistol-1911-m3x.html

And from the more money than sense category we have the fanboy favorite in Surefire.

http://www.surefire.com/illumination/weaponlights/handgun.html

And one of the new, plastic encased wonder offerings from Blackhawk

http://www.opticsplanet.com/blackhawk-night-ops-xiphos-nt-weapon-mounted-light.html

Old 10-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #16

Quote:

JD
It all boils down to it being a vague question by the OP that can be taken 2 different ways. I just thought it was a little funny that you automatically assumed you were right and everyone else was wrong.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #17

Quote:
It all boils down to it being a vague question by the OP that can be taken 2 different ways. I just thought it was a little funny that you automatically assumed you were right and everyone else was wrong.
Actually I assumed that no one read his post.

They just started telling him to drop the course instead of offering any suggestions save one.

What kind of help is that?

Old 10-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Actually I assumed that no one read his post.

They just started telling him to drop the course instead of offering any suggestions save one.

What kind of help is that?
Impossible to disagree with that.
And you did offer some great advice!!
Dillinger Likes This 
Old 10-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #19

Quote:
Impossible to disagree with that.
And you did offer some great advice!!
I'm sorry if I came off like a dick again.

This place used to be different. People asked complete questions and other people offered industry worthy answers.

Then we got into a whole bunch of forum silliness and now sometimes a lot of those zingers and taking things out of context acts spill over into real, legitimate gun questions, which is where this all started. A place for gun questions.

This seemed like a legit question about a legit issue as he has signed up for a class. That is a responsible move on his part and I immediately went all Alpha Gorilla because I didn't want him to come back to a whole thread worth of crap posts that told him nothing and then he up and bails on the site.

Apologies all around.

JD
Old 10-24-2012, 08:46 PM   #20

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
I'm sorry if I came off like a dick again.

This place used to be different. People asked complete questions and other people offered industry worthy answers.

Then we got into a whole bunch of forum silliness and now sometimes a lot of those zingers and taking things out of context acts spill over into real, legitimate gun questions, which is where this all started. A place for gun questions.

This seemed like a legit question about a legit issue as he has signed up for a class. That is a responsible move on his part and I immediately went all Alpha Gorilla because I didn't want him to come back to a whole thread worth of crap posts that told him nothing and then he up and bails on the site.

Apologies all around.

JD
Well, it'll take the OP to answer for sure---

I did ask the question--
Quote:
If your're paying for a class that requires a light mounted on your weapon i'd ask for a refund & find a class that teaches more of a real HD situation
You sure it not just a light in your offhand type thing?

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET