Which Is Best?? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Which Is Best??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborden1122
IMO. Sig Sauer or Kimber, depends on what kind.
Sig all the way. I've known 4 people with Kimbers and they all including my own had jamming problems.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #12

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake
The Sig is not a true 1911 pattern pistol. Many parts are not interchangeable with most 1911s. Good gun, just may require gunsmith service.

As far as the Springer or Kimber, depends what model.
What's this you speak of, Cane? Other than the external extractor and different slide design, what other parts on a Sig 1911 aren't interchangeable?

Old 07-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #13

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
What's this you speak of, Cane? Other than the external extractor and different slide design, what other parts on a Sig 1911 aren't interchangeable?
I'm showing my age. The only experience was with a friend who owned a first Gen GSR that was a bag full of problems. His LGS kept telling him he had to ship the gun back to Sig because none of the parts they had would work in his GSR.

He got tired of Sig having his gun more than him and traded it in for a Colt 1911. This second hand experience clouded my opinion of the mark and I never followed through with the real answer.

Sorry guys, I spoke with authority on a subject I had no hard facts. I have since found out that with the exception of the external extractor, the Sig uses the same parts as many other 1911s.

Thank you Olympus for pointing out this mistake. I will do research on any future statements I make when I don't have the hard facts to back the statement!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-14-2011, 10:30 PM   #14

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't misinformed either. Sig also makes a "Traditional" model as of 2011 that has the normal slide design and internal extractor.