Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > The BEST 1911 IWB holster???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 06:12 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedsasquatch View Post
Alright, I can legally carry my Colt Combat Commander now And WOW, that thing is heavy... My thin leather IWB with a metal clip just isn't cutting it for all-day carrying (custom made from a local shop for just $35). I need something better.

So, what's the best leather IWB holster that ~$100-$125 can buy? I want something that's very thin (because I'm uber-thin), and is going to hold up well over time. It would also be nice if was comfortable. I'd like to carry at 4 o'clock, but my current holster makes my gun rub my hip raw... Would it help if the holster was fitted to sit high?

I wear 1 1/2" thick belts.

Oh, and what's the difference between horse hide and cow hide as far as holsters are concerned?
You need to check out Bladetech in washington state they make the best damn holsters hands down you won't be disappointed

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Old 10-26-2009, 10:47 PM   #22

Hmmm, does anyone here use a Minotaur MTAC for their 1911? It looks very similar to Crossbreed, but they have more clip options for greater conceal-ability...

I have been carrying a 1911 IWB for 14 years. The MTAC is the best I have found. I am 6'4, 200 slimish, not uberslim by any means, but I carry a 5" 1911 daily when off duty in one of these. It is comfortable, secure and easy to conceal. In hot weather shorts with an untucked t-shirt works great. 3 of my co-workers bought them as well including a slightly built asian (little dude), and all have been very happy with it.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:37 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

So far I give my new Cross-Breed 4/5 stars. It conceals well, but I'll end up buying a Minotaur clip or two for it... Also, the retention isn't nearly strong enough. The holster came with instructions on how to properly heat the material and increase the retention, so I just might try that instead of shipping it back. Another interesting thing, when sitting in my car, the holster pushes the magazine release on my gun, NOT GOOD. I can't figure out how to stop it from doing that, because I have to carry at 4 o'clock...

All in all though, it is very concealable and very comfortable compared to my cheap $35 IWB holster...

Old 10-27-2009, 05:25 AM   #24

Hello bearfanb, noticed you mentioned the Minotaur MTAC holster that you use.
How is the retention on this holster if you don't mind me asking?
I have been looking at various iwb types but from the comment feedsasquatch has made regarding the cross breed that type does not instill too much confidence into me. Hope to hear from you soon,kind regards.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:04 PM   #25

Stick with a milt sparks or little bear holsters by dave@littlebearholsters.com

I carry my colt commander in both never know they are there sparks a little a little more $ but worth evey penny,and little bear just as good I'm 5'9 170.

Last edited by TwistedMinded_1911; 10-27-2009 at 01:16 PM.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Another interesting thing, when sitting in my car, the holster pushes the magazine release on my gun, NOT GOOD. I can't figure out how to stop it from doing that, because I have to carry at 4 o'clock...
Why not cut a hole in the holster where the magazine release is?

Old 11-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

High Noon Holsters

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I realize I'm raising a completely dead thread from the grave, but I'm the original OP so I think I get some slack

I just ordered a Gun Belt by The Belt Man. I have high expectations. My last belt, a reversible belt purchased from Kohls, literally snapped on me at work last week, so I figured it was time to get a real belt. I'm getting by right now with my black belt. It's a cheap stiff freebie from 5.11 Tactical, but it works.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #29

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

It amazes me when someone will spend big $$$ on a custom holster and then use a "Walmart" belt. I'd much rather have a real gun belt and a cheap holster myself. The Belt Man makes really good stuff...

Old 09-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #30

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
I realize I'm raising a completely dead thread from the grave, but I'm the original OP so I think I get some slack

I just ordered a Gun Belt by The Belt Man. I have high expectations. My last belt, a reversible belt purchased from Kohls, literally snapped on me at work last week, so I figured it was time to get a real belt. I'm getting by right now with my black belt. It's a cheap stiff freebie from 5.11 Tactical, but it works.
Jim Speidel makes one of the finest carry belts out there. I currently have two of his makings in black and brown.

You will be happy with his work and I am confident Jim's belt will never "snap" while wearing it!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello