Best 1911 - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Best 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97cobra View Post
Why before cz?
Never shot a CZ. I've not run into anyone yet who has shot every pistol out there. I've missed out on CZ,s H&K's, Beretta's, Wesson, Para, etc and many others that I know/suspect make great pistols. My 1911 experience is limited to Colt, Kimber, Wilson, Nighthawk, Brown and heaven forbid Llama. And I certainly haven't tried every model of each of the above manufacturers. I do know that one of the larger gun shops in Houston, where I've bought more than a few of my guns, never seems to have an Ed Brown in stock. Their salesmen tell me they are gone the day they get them. Plenty of Wilsons, Baers, Nighthawks, SIGs, Glocks, and just about every other brand in abundance. Not sure what this means or implies, just is what it is. Someday I'll have to check out a CZ.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #72

I have a current production Dan Wesson CCO and have nothing but good things to say about it. I also have a CZ P-01 that is very nice. Nothing wrong with my CZs.

-- boomenshutzen

"If some monster tries to rape or murder a woman I care about, I don’t want him to see the flickering light of a candle. I want him to see a muzzle flash, from the front." -- Massad Ayoob

Old 09-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2967 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 329

I own a SA Trophy Match and a DW CCO. I wouldn't be so bold to say that they are the best. They are quite good though. "Best" is a purely subjective thing. Baer, Brown & Wilson are probably much better, but I can't complain about what I have. If you have a Rock Island and it works as advertised, then your not doing bad.
After a certain point it's like comparing car brands. Bentley makes a nice car, but a Chevy will get you to point B just fine too. In the real world, anything approaching "the best" will cost you, just like most things in life. The differences get smaller as you proceed up the food chain of quality.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 09-28-2011, 03:26 AM   #74

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Best 1911

I carried one for 18 years in the MP's, made by everyone from colt to singer to remington-rand. I currently own a Auto-Ordinance manufacture, made after Kahr Arms bought out the AO plant and re-tooled. It consistantly kills 2-liter pop bottles at 25 yards off-hand with cast lead 230 grain reloads. paid about 550 for it, wouldn't take 1000!

Old 10-10-2011, 02:23 AM   #75

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

My opinion... Wilson combat. I have never had a single problem. Knock on wood.

forumrunner_20111009_212111.jpg  

Old 10-10-2011, 03:26 AM   #76

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default OK, My favorite is:

img00022-20110604-0338.jpg

gotta love it.

"Those who would give up essential freedoms for a little temporary safety, deserve neither freedom nor safety." Ben Franklin

NRA Benefactor Life
US Army 1972-1980
TSRA Life;GOA Life

Old 10-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #77

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Oh man.....
Those Ivory grips on your SS Executive Carry are to die for!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtcomdo View Post
Attachment 33696

gotta love it.

Last edited by bartwatkins; 10-10-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #78

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Apology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznZOhAn View Post
I can accept that, and will do. It has happened that I have been to the range and seen some person there with a really nice high end 1911 and I was not impressed with the way they shot. I forgot something my dad told me when I was younger, it's not the gun it's the shooter. My thoughts were this person has 2 or 3 grand pistol, he should be out shooting me. At the time I bought my SA loaded for less than $700.00 NIB, and my target looked much better. I will not judge the guns next time I'm shooting, it's about the operator. I apologize. I still love my MC Operator, and someday soon a TRP will sit in my safe.
Son, you have nothing to apologize for. You have a 1911, you have experiance with the weapon. Sharing that opinion and experiance isn't a reason for apology despite other self proclaimed experts issues with it.

"Those who would give up essential freedoms for a little temporary safety, deserve neither freedom nor safety." Ben Franklin

NRA Benefactor Life
US Army 1972-1980
TSRA Life;GOA Life

Old 04-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #79

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Here, Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
IMO, "newbie" or not, all of our personal experience is to some

degree limited, and our opinions,though accurate to our

experiences, also somewhat limited.

I've seen guys bashing Kimbers in the threads.

Obviously, THEY had a bad experience with Kimbers.

What's the "best" is just so arbitrary and personal.

Otherwise we'd all be buying the same brand...
Agree completely.
My issue with Kimbers, BTW, is; a lot os $ but only a one(1) year warrantee. I can do better with the competitors.

NRA Benefactor Life
US Army 1972-1980
TSRA Life;GOA Life

Old 04-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #80

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Interesting Observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznZOhAn View Post
I agree 100%. I am an open minded shooter and always will be. I am willing to give just about any gun a shot, except those that I have seen mess up over and over again. In the past I have judged the gun unfairly because the operator was a poser and name brand whore. I blame that on myself because I got away from what my old man taught me. I got to try it myself before I can make a fair judgement call. My friends have seen the way I shoot and get the guns I have cause I shot them well and they figured it's the gun too. I turned a few colt and beretta fans into Glock fans like that, but I later explained to them you make shot not the gun. I quit doing that cause one them bought a keltek and it broke after 10 rounds and broke again after he got it back from keltek.

I bought a Kimber once because of it's reputation, a pro carry 2. The gun was unreliable, because it FTF and FTE. I tried different mag and ammo thinking that was the problem, but it still malfunctioned. I took it to the shop where I bought it and they sent it to their gun smith, he must have sucked at his job. Up to that point I had put 500 rounds threw it to break it in and that is what the dealer told me to do when I told him what problem I was having. After the gun smith returned it a week later, I shot 100 rounds threw it and it still jammed at least 3 out of each mag, and that was after feed ramp polish and chamber throating and what ever else he did. I got my money back and bought a sig 220 carry and had $200 left over. It was explained to me by JonM that 2 series Kimber are not as good as older Kimbers. Since then I've been hard on Kimbers. I've had 3 Colts and none of them ever gave 1 problem and I still have my Colt CCO, I love it. As for SA, in my book they are the best. I've never shot an Ed B, Wilson Combat, STI, or briley int, but I would like to. I'm sure they are great weapons, but again I have judged them because I was not impressed with the way the operator performed with them.

One of my coworkers only shoots high end gun but carries a Glock at work. I've seen this qualify with Ed Bs and I lost faith in the guns, then a while later I saw him quality with the Glock and realized it wasn't the gun. He's just spoiled rich boy that can afford nice guns and can't shoot.
I too carry a Glock. I have an Ed Brown (finest pistol I've ever owned). Don't carry it because if used in defense I'll loose it as evidence. Really grates me and can't see the loss of the weapon. My $500 Glock I would miss without the anger factor.

Another way to look at it.

My $.02

NRA Benefactor Life
US Army 1972-1980
TSRA Life;GOA Life