Best 1911 - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

Best 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 09:55 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
Thanks for reminding me about dlsports.com JD. I saw this one on his website and knew I wanted this one. The see through grips are bad ass. Not sure if I would prefer two toned or all blacked out. Definately a piece to be open carried to be appreciated.

He was the one that made the "Watchmen" 1911's.
the six inch barrel is nice to see, i for sure want that in the next pistol.... they look much more intimidating

Old 11-17-2009, 10:10 PM   #22

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You get an accuracy premium with a 6-inch barrel....but it sounds like what you're after is the gun that's most aesthetically pleasing and looks the coolest. I think you're going to be surprised by the price of some of the higher-end 1911s you're lusting over.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:13 PM   #23

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusselin View Post
wow, that does look nice, i wonder how they perform though....thanks for the link
Have you looked at the price on the Volkmann 1911s? Is that in your price range? For well over $2,000, you can be pretty assured that they're going to perform well.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:20 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
You get an accuracy premium with a 6-inch barrel....but it sounds like what you're after is the gun that's most aesthetically pleasing and looks the coolest. I think you're going to be surprised by the price of some of the higher-end 1911s you're lusting over.
doesnt really have to "look cool" but yeah i dont want something dog ass ugly either, i want something pleasing to my eye but my first concern is useability.... if i cant use the gun and it just "looks cool" then WTF dude, that is why i sold the sig...it looked cool and all but over all it sucked as a useable gun.....

and yes i have seen the price, price isnt an issue

Last edited by Jusselin; 11-17-2009 at 10:26 PM.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #25

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusselin View Post
and yes i have seen the price, price isnt an issue
WOW dude.....you must be single and/or got a great job.....I'm a dentist but wife would kill me if I just dropped a grand on a gun and I was looking to now drop $2000+ on another.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJason View Post
WOW dude.....you must be single and/or got a great job.....I'm a dentist but wife would kill me if I just dropped a grand on a gun and I was looking to now drop $2000+ on another.
i am married and yes, we have a family owned business, pulls in pretty good profits, so we are not really worried about money, i am thankful for that also, but money is only worth something if you spend it

Old 11-17-2009, 10:37 PM   #27

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post

I've put a lot of rounds through all of them, but my favorite by far......is the Nighthawk
Quoted for Truth!

JD

Old 11-17-2009, 11:17 PM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Deep breath, walk away. Cooler heads will prevail.

I need to invent virtuall fighting! I could make a fortune.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:47 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quoted for Truth!

JD
yeah honestly the night hawks look like a real nice gun too, i guess i have more research to do, there are a couple i have seen here now that spike my interest....thanks dillinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Deep breath, walk away. Cooler heads will prevail.

I need to invent virtuall fighting! I could make a fortune.
haha now worries man, there are people like them on every forum, people that get jealous and want to point out other people and make themselves feel better, you will find that they run out of rocks to throw at you when you yourself stop throwing rocks (speaking about myself not you)

Last edited by Jusselin; 11-18-2009 at 12:49 AM.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:57 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
So there is no problem!! You just need to shoot them more, that's not a problem is it? If so, please ship them to me so I can break them in for you (for a small fee), then I'll send them back good to go!
also i will find out tomorrow if she will loosen up, i plan on putting a few hundred rounds through her, so i hope that makes the slide release is easier to handle