Best 1911
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Best 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Best 1911 in your opinion :P

well i am looking for my next 1911, now that i am learning alot about these guns i would like your intput....mostly i have bought what they had instock at the time but now i would like to invest in something i may have to order.....what would your next 1911 be? and why? post pictures too please guys thanks, cant wait to hear back from you

Last edited by Jusselin; 11-17-2009 at 08:02 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Simply put, there is no "best" of anything as it's all subjective. What matters is what YOU are looking for.

The only limiting factor is how much you're willing to spend...

Old 11-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Simply put, there is no "best" of anything as it's all subjective. What matters is what YOU are looking for.

The only limiting factor is how much you're willing to spend...
not really a cost issue.... i mean i dont want to get rediculous but i am willing to spend a decent amount for a quality gun, when i say best i mean what would you want....i have the dan wesson and the colt Govt. so far i am in love with both of them but they both have features i dont like too, so i wanted you guys input on "yeah i would get this one because....." that is what i am looking for

Old 11-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #4

i been looking at this one but i would like some feed back before i jump into this purchase

1911Pistols.com: Springfield Armory Hand Guns (Pistols) Springfield Armory 1911 Tactical Response Pistol, SPC91

Old 11-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #5

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

The TRP is a nice gun but until you cross the $2K boundary, they are all just "production" guns. My last was a Springer long slide and I had wanted a 6 inch barrel 1911 for a long time. It handles nice and I like the long sight radius. I also have a 1st series Kimber Gold Match - made before Kimber became the "Walmart" of 1911s - great guns if you can find one...

Old 11-17-2009, 06:10 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Impossible to answer I am afraid. Everyone has different criteria, and everyone likes a different guy or different stuff on their weapons.

I own three Nighthawks and they are the best 1911 that I have ever personally shot. And I have shot almost all of them.

One of the ones that is on my lottery wish list would be one of Dave Lauck's 6" Long Slides like this one. That is about $6K worth of gun and custom case there, which is COMPLETELY over the top.

2007_06_25_1911_longslide_large.jpg  

Old 11-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Impossible to answer I am afraid. Everyone has different criteria, and everyone likes a different guy or different stuff on their weapons.

I own three Nighthawks and they are the best 1911 that I have ever personally shot. And I have shot almost all of them.

One of the ones that is on my lottery wish list would be one of Dave Lauck's 6" Long Slides like this one. That is about $6K worth of gun and custom case there, which is COMPLETELY over the top.
now THAT looks like sex....and for sure looks like what i would want..time to sell some Gold coins i guess hell its is at a record high

Old 11-17-2009, 08:21 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I like your Dan Wesson.

Right now the best for me would be a DW CBOB .45acp. Next in line is the Kimber pro cdp II, Colt night defender, then springfield emp 40.

What features do the 1911's you own have that you don't like?

Old 11-17-2009, 08:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I like your Dan Wesson.

Right now the best for me would be a DW CBOB .45acp. Next in line is the Kimber pro cdp II, Colt night defender, then springfield emp 40.

What features do the 1911's you own have that you don't like?
i have been told they are fixable with some use, once i use the firearm it will loosen up for me, but the slide release on the dan wesson is crazy tight and the safety on the colt is stubborn some times, and it has a slide safety as well and i get confused on how they both are supposed to work at the same time....

Old 11-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

So there is no problem!! You just need to shoot them more, that's not a problem is it? If so, please ship them to me so I can break them in for you (for a small fee), then I'll send them back good to go!