Believe 1911 internet gun forum expert, no more! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Believe 1911 internet gun forum expert, no more!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Thanks HOSSFLY. And I bet your right about the Taurus owners.

I looked online I see nothing about Kimber and S&W in the same sentence.

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:47 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I owned a Taurus PT1911 and loved it.. took it to the range and it shot pretty great with zero problems.. posted about it on here and got nothing but hate about how it was a Taurus.. lol

”The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are roaring through town at 90MPH, where the speed limit is 25. Your solution is to lower the speed limit to 20.”
~Sam Cohen (inventor of the neutron bomb)

Byron0022 Likes This 
Old 07-07-2012, 03:13 AM   #13
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieWhiskey261 View Post
I owned a Taurus PT1911 and loved it.. took it to the range and it shot pretty great with zero problems.. posted about it on here and got nothing but hate about how it was a Taurus.. lol
I do my best to not hate on a man and his gun. Didnt post anything negative about you and yours.

But when it comes to Taurus in general...i have NOTHING good to say. I had one (PT145) , it broke every time i shot it! Will never say another good word about 'em, nor will i ever own another!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 07-07-2012, 03:16 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Who knows.. I know that Taurus makes cheaper models, but I had, and my father has PT1911s and both are awesome. I ended up trading mine for an SKS tapco'd out, 3 mags, 160 winchester rounds, and a case with 150.00.. Or I probably woulda kept it

”The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are roaring through town at 90MPH, where the speed limit is 25. Your solution is to lower the speed limit to 20.”

Old 07-07-2012, 03:18 AM   #15

Liked 1163 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
If according to every gun expert (every member) on every forum out on al gore's internet, my NIB Kimber should have jammed, FTF,FTE,FTW, and just plain sucked at the range.

Why must every forum have mounds of post stating how (use any 1911 firearm maker here, I'll use Kimber since that's what I have) Kimber needs 500 rounds to just test it out. Throw away any magazines that come with it and buy some "name brand" magazines at 30.00 + a pop. Then if those don't work, buy some other "name brand" internals, springs, what not.

I shouldn't even think about carrying it till 10k rounds.

Then when all that is done don't carry it in case it fails on you?

What the hell are we supposed to carry if everything gun sucks and every magazine sucks and every style of carry sucks?

Both my Kimbers ran perfect out of the box. The crimson perfect and the custom II 200 flawless rounds.

I wonder how the hell we won any wars at all with all the crying going on about faulty magazines, crappy guns, and what not.

Moral of the story, get a gun, carry it,don't carry it shoot it or not, whatever. just enjoy it.
This is why the Glock was invented!

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-07-2012, 03:27 AM   #16
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieWhiskey261 View Post
Who knows.. I know that Taurus makes cheaper models, but I had, and my father has PT1911s and both are awesome. I ended up trading mine for an SKS tapco'd out, 3 mags, 160 winchester rounds, and a case with 150.00.. Or I probably woulda kept it
Its all good bro...shoot what ya like.

Sounds to me like you got the better end of the deal.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 07-07-2012, 03:29 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i hear that. Lol, looking for something new actually.. Got my armed class 10-13th so I need something soon.. Found a place locally paying armed gaurds 15-17.00 an hour.. better than I was getting working at a jail with real cops..

@OP
Lesson of the day. Those who can't shoot hate guns. Those who can shoot finally ask why everyone else hates the guns..

Last edited by CharlieWhiskey261; 07-07-2012 at 03:32 AM.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #18

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
If according to every gun expert (every member) on every forum out on al gore's internet, my NIB Kimber should have jammed, FTF,FTE,FTW, and just plain sucked at the range.

Why must every forum have mounds of post stating how (use any 1911 firearm maker here, I'll use Kimber since that's what I have) Kimber needs 500 rounds to just test it out. Throw away any magazines that come with it and buy some "name brand" magazines at 30.00 + a pop. Then if those don't work, buy some other "name brand" internals, springs, what not.

I shouldn't even think about carrying it till 10k rounds.

Then when all that is done don't carry it in case it fails on you?

What the hell are we supposed to carry if everything gun sucks and every magazine sucks and every style of carry sucks?

Both my Kimbers ran perfect out of the box. The crimson perfect and the custom II 200 flawless rounds.

I wonder how the hell we won any wars at all with all the crying going on about faulty magazines, crappy guns, and what not.

Moral of the story, get a gun, carry it,don't carry it shoot it or not, whatever. just enjoy it.
I've had my Kimber Stainless II for a couple of years now. I've never had a single problem with it. My only gripe was the plastic mainspring housing. I felt they could do better on a 1K weapon. Then I found the same thing on my new steel framed Colt Commander. "Modern manufacturing" at it's finest.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #19

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Glad to see you back DodgerBlue.

What happened with the Sig's?

Shoot what you like.

If we don't vote this guy out this fall none of us will have guns to shoot!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #20

Liked 2608 Times on 1178 Posts
Likes Given: 2527

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
I've had my Kimber Stainless II for a couple of years now. I've never had a single problem with it. My only gripe was the plastic mainspring housing. I felt they could do better on a 1K weapon. Then I found the same thing on my new steel framed Colt Commander. "Modern manufacturing" at it's finest.

That's odd my hated Taurus pt 1911 only cost me 469 bucks NIB. Has never failed, and shoots every type of bullet. And it has a metal mainspring housing. hmm.