Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Believe 1911 internet gun forum expert, no more! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/believe-1911-internet-gun-forum-expert-no-more-67713/)

DodgerBlue 07-06-2012 02:16 AM

Believe 1911 internet gun forum expert, no more!

If according to every gun expert (every member) on every forum out on al gore's internet, my NIB Kimber should have jammed, FTF,FTE,FTW, and just plain sucked at the range.

Why must every forum have mounds of post stating how (use any 1911 firearm maker here, I'll use Kimber since that's what I have) Kimber needs 500 rounds to just test it out. Throw away any magazines that come with it and buy some "name brand" magazines at 30.00 + a pop. Then if those don't work, buy some other "name brand" internals, springs, what not.

I shouldn't even think about carrying it till 10k rounds.

Then when all that is done don't carry it in case it fails on you?

What the hell are we supposed to carry if everything gun sucks and every magazine sucks and every style of carry sucks?

Both my Kimbers ran perfect out of the box. The crimson perfect and the custom II 200 flawless rounds.

I wonder how the hell we won any wars at all with all the crying going on about faulty magazines, crappy guns, and what not.

Moral of the story, get a gun, carry it,don't carry it shoot it or not, whatever. just enjoy it.

dog2000tj 07-06-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DodgerBlue (Post 860608)
What the hell are we supposed to carry if everything gun sucks and every magazine sucks and every style of carry sucks?

Sticks and stone :confused:

:p

Olympus 07-06-2012 02:24 AM

Glad you have a gun that works properly. I think the advice you are referring to is just to help people who have a gun with problems out of the box. Since it doesn't sound like yours did, you can probably just disregard all of the other....and like you said, shoot it and enjoy it.

LikeABoss 07-06-2012 02:30 AM

Oh my goodness! You mean all those things I read weren't true?!?!? Know what I am gonna do now, wait, am really confused now, should I believe this or should I believe something else? Going to send an email to all my friends and see what they think I should do!! :p

MrWray 07-06-2012 02:37 AM

Where you been dodger, been missin ya on here.

DodgerBlue 07-06-2012 02:40 AM

MrWray! How are you? Good to see ya! Just went away to think up some fresh topics.

MrWray 07-06-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DodgerBlue
MrWray! How are you? Good to see ya! Just went away to think up some fresh topics.

Well its good to see you back :-)

JD1969 07-06-2012 03:27 AM

Most people don't buy a gun and then go out and rave about how well it runs. However, the person who just spent $1000+ on one that has issues will tell the world.

vincent 07-06-2012 03:28 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Kimber bought out by S&W? Can't remember where I read/heard it but maybe it explains the better QC...???

HOSSFLY 07-06-2012 12:28 PM

I expect there are many Taurus owners that feel the same :)

Thought there was somebody missin round here :confused:
Welcome back ------