Bad trigger on Springfield RO. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Bad trigger on Springfield RO.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #21
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2563 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Deerhunter,

New Gun! It would simply go back to Springfield! They usually are very good about customer service if you simply just tell them It is coming back! And you want a good trigger on the gun! They usually come back with a better trigger than most of the guns coming out for the first time. This is because the people who will be working (Service Dept.) on the trigger pride themselves with their job and do a great job. I sent my XDS in for the same thing! Bad Trigger! Simply told them it was a Crappy Trigger and WOW! when it got back it was FANTASTIC! In your case! New gun! There is no reason for you to have to do any work or tuning on the trigger! They will make it right and I would not shoot another round until they made it right. Get an RMA and send her back!
Only my thoughts!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 05-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #22

Liked 2180 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Deerhunter,

New Gun! It would simply go back to Springfield! They usually are very good about customer service if you simply just tell them It is coming back! And you want a good trigger on the gun! They usually come back with a better trigger than most of the guns coming out for the first time. This is because the people who will be working (Service Dept.) on the trigger pride themselves with their job and do a great job. I sent my XDS in for the same thing! Bad Trigger! Simply told them it was a Crappy Trigger and WOW! when it got back it was FANTASTIC! In your case! New gun! There is no reason for you to have to do any work or tuning on the trigger! They will make it right and I would not shoot another round until they made it right. Get an RMA and send her back!
Only my thoughts!

If you call wont they send you the return addressed label thingie?

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 06-21-2014, 01:22 AM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I have a new Mil Spec. Virtually no issue with the trigger. The gun is crazy accurate. Just spent four days at Front Sight. On day two I shot three consecutive rounds in the white out of the silhouette. Finally I looked at the gun. The rear sight was shifted over half way. I was not happy. The gunny on sight did his magic and got me through the four days. After getting home I had Trijicon night sights installed. I was gonna do this anyway, but I was disappointed this new gun would fail like that. So your trigger does not surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk