Back in the club
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Back in the club

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Back in the club

First and only 1911 i have owned was that para gi expert and Was not happy with it didnt have it long before i traded it for a p97 whitch i love... But yesterday finaly found bought and brought home the new Ruger sr1911.. would post pics but i dont got internet on the pc anymore and iam postin this from my phone... took the gun to the range first thing this morning and couldnt be happier it is as they say more accurate then me

Dave

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Denis Diderot

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sent 200 rds of winchester 230 gr. target ammo down range without one single malfunction not even a fail 2 feed

Dave

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Denis Diderot

Old 07-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Congrats!!

Have heard good things about the Ruger SR1911, not had a chance to fondle and shoot one yet, but sounds like they are definite stable performers!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Excellent and congratulations to ya'.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-10-2011, 12:39 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Congrats on the Ruger! I have fondled, but not fired, an SR1911, and I found a lot to like.

I'm curious what you didn't like about the Para. I've heard good things about them, and I had that model on my list of 1911s to consider, so I'm interested in your thoughts.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 07-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The para i had right out the box u could push the disasiembly/slide lock lever out without havin 2 line up the notch had to replace it with an after market part the whole gun just felt loose and kept havin ftf even with tryin wilsion comat mags Had a poly tiger and poly grips

Dave

Denis Diderot

Old 07-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 237 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 518

Congrats on the ruger! They look sweet! When you get a chance post a pic up of that sucker!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 07-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by David26 View Post
The para i had right out the box u could push the disasiembly/slide lock lever out without havin 2 line up the notch had to replace it with an after market part the whole gun just felt loose and kept havin ftf even with tryin wilsion comat mags Had a poly tiger and poly grips
Thanks for the info.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 07-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Welcome back into the fold.

Now get with the pictures man!! We needs us some GunPr0n!!

JD

Old 07-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Welcome back into the fold. Now get with the pictures man!! We needs us some GunPr0n!! JD
Would luv 2 post pics.. This might be the only truly beutiful auto Rugers ever made sure the best lookin one in my collection but anit got a computer anymore and cant figure out how 2 post pics from this phone

Dave

Denis Diderot