Auto Ordnance 1911A1 Feed problem - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Auto Ordnance 1911A1 Feed problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Called Kahr and they didn't have a tim pierce there I could takj too. I told them what was happening with the 1911 and what i had read about a bad ejector, They sent me a no cost shipping label. I hope they do half a swell as Ruger did with my sr22. Anyways i will let you know how things go when I get it back.

Ken

Old 12-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #22

Fwiw I know two guys that had bought AO 1911s that had issues both sent them to kahr and web they got them back they shot as good as high end pistols. Mine came out of the box perfect. As good or better than my colts

Old 12-06-2012, 03:10 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Tim is the director, so maybe they only give him people like me that are demanding for a refund from selling a firearm that could have caused a liability with the malfunctions it was having. This is his profile http://www.linkedin.com/pub/timothy-pearce/32/1a9/490 Their turn around for me was over a month.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Also won't hurt to polish the crap out of the feed ramp.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3087 Times on 1548 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme View Post
Also won't hurt to polish the crap out of the feed ramp.
Actually, it might hurt. Feed ramps do not need a mirror polish to feed FMJ practice ammo.
Much like the Hippocratic Oath in medicine, gun work should also be done with "First, do no harm" as the operative goal. If the feed ramp is so bad that it won't feed FMJ, it should go back to the maker for warranty work.
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?
People Like This 
Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #26
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3106 Times on 1785 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

Polishing the feed ramp is NOT the cureall that a lot of people believe.
The feed ramp helps to get the tip of the bullet lined up. If it has tool marks that the nose is filling up, then polish a little to stop it.
What does affect feeding is the magazine and the lips of the magazine (and to some extent, the breech end of the barrel).

As a round comes out of the mag (talking .45ACP now), the nose of the bullet does contact the feed ramp. As the bullet is pushed forward by the slide, the nose of the bullet "jumps" to the top of the chamber of the barrel.

This is a good example of how a 1911 works. You can hide different portions of the animation to see exactly what happens.
http://www.m1911.org/loader.swf

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-12-2012, 03:43 AM   #27

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Got a call from Kahr last Friday. One thing they found wrong with mine was that the frame was not within specs, so they are replacing it. The tech said that is why the slide release was coming part way out and causing jams. After replacing the frame they are going to test shoot and look into the FTE and FTL problems. So far no other updates, he was hoping they would have it ready this week.

Ken

Old 12-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #28
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3106 Times on 1785 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

I'm glad that the problem has been identified.

That was a reason I did not think about.

Please keep us updated.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #29

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Will I heard back from Kahr and apparently the frame was out os spec and they need to replace it. Because it is getting a new frame it will have a new serial number so has to go through an FFL and I have to mpaid another processing fee. This doesn't seem right since it is all warranty work, but the customer service folks said they do not pay the transfer fee. Along with the frame was replaced there are going to look at the fail to eject and failed to feed problems. Call today for an update and supposely it was shipped out overnight yesterday so I am hoping to hear from the gun shop tomorrow.Can't wait to try it out and see if it works as advertised. I will let you know how it goes after I pick it up.

Ken

Old 12-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #30

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Picked up the Kahr 1911 today at my local range today. One thing they found wrong was that the frame was out of spec. Because the new frame had a different serial number it had to be shipped to an FFL instead of my house.
All I know for sure is the frame was out of specs and that is why the slide release pin kept coming part way out and causing a jam. Tech said they would look into the FTLs and FTEs to see what they could find out, and woud ship the gun to my FFL in a few days.
Anyways afer waititng 45 mins just to get some help (everyone was buying guns, store was crazy). I filled out the paperwork and got my 1911 back. I took it right to a lane and started shooting off some rounds. I only had time for maybe 60 or 70 rounds and had no hung ups or failed to load. I am keeping my fingers crossed it got fix. Next time out I am going to give it a good work out of 200-250 rounds to see what happens.
Total time to repair was 2 weeks and 4 days which I dont think is too bad. Right now I am saying nice job Kahr, I really like this handgun.

Ken

Last edited by kjdeut; 12-22-2012 at 07:25 AM.
danf_fl Likes This