Armscorp 9mm Hi-Cap 1911 Upgrades - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Armscorp 9mm Hi-Cap 1911 Upgrades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 12:42 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoGrrr View Post
Along those lines, I bought one several months ago. Not the first RIA 1911 so I thought it would be as good as the first one I bought and liked.

WRONG !

First thing was that the trigger pull was rougher than your driveway. And that takes into account that you might have a GRAVEL DRIVEWAY !
Nothing that my jig and stone couldn't handle. So I put the sear on the Marvel jig and took a stroke across it and looked under a magnifying glass. Looked BAD. So I stroked more. It took 49 full strokes to clean it up to the point where I was satisfied with it. So I stoned the hammer. It, too, was bad. Took about 15 strokes to clean it up. So now I had a decent trigger but had somewhat of a bad taste in my mouth since my other RIA was so darn good.

I checked over the entire gun since I had it apart and saw plenty of scratches and other machine tool marks, not what one would expect in any gun.

So I started giving it a close check and when I found that the grip safety was sticking in/OFF, I decided that I wanted NO MORE TO DO with it and sold it. Let someone else do all the 'smithing necessary to bring it up to par. Yes, I could have taken off all the burrs and made it work well, but sometimes you just reach your point of no return and I had gotten there.

I still like my other RIA and carry it from time to time as a defensive weapon, to show how much I like and believe in it.
Seems you need to start your own bitch thread & not toss cold water on the OP's happiness with his new gun --JMO

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET