Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Armscor 1911, which one is best? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/armscor-1911-one-best-62464/)

JoshH 04-13-2012 07:04 PM

Armscor 1911, which one is best?

Guys I'm looking for an Armscor 1911 in 45. But I want something a little more compact than my Springer 5" as it has proven a little tough to conceal. I want a cheaper gun that I can throw parts at and make my own but I'm wondering which platform is best i.e. most reliable, easiest to work on and of course looks are important. I don't want a huge laser embossed logo across the whole slide if at all possible. So is there really a difference between the various Armscor guns such as RIA, Spartan and so on?

ellwood45c 04-13-2012 08:33 PM

I love my RIAshoots great and have had no problems with it. But i also recently bought a citadel that is they same way. Alot of people tell me the rock is better , both i paid under 500 for each. Im getting ready this weekend to do some modification on both, just got my parts today. Both of mine r full size , a friend has a rock with the 4 in barrel. And loves it. They both eat anything you through at them. IMHO the rocks are well worth the money, that being said i love my colt lol.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

JoshH 04-13-2012 08:46 PM

Of course you love your Colt!:) I will be looking at a Colt next year depending on the election but they are through the roof right now and I don't think I would want to break into a $1200 pistol and start changing parts. I have heard some bad things about the smaller Springfield's about not eating ammo but have yet to hear about too many problems from RIA in this area. I'm thinking RIA Commander series all gussied up perhaps.

JoshH 04-13-2012 10:48 PM

So to restate the question, is there any difference in the different phillipino made 1911's or are they pretty much made by the same manufacturer? Is there a good reason I here more about RIA over the others or is that just due to volume sold here in the US?

ellwood45c 04-13-2012 11:50 PM

I think alot of it is because of the volume and recent popularity is why you here so much about the rocks. I was talking to a buddy of mine who has a shop, in his opinion right now the rocks are the best of them.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

trip286 04-13-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshH
Guys I'm looking for an Armscor 1911 in 45. But I want something a little more compact than my Springer 5" as it has proven a little tough to conceal. I want a cheaper gun that I can throw parts at and make my own but I'm wondering which platform is best i.e. most reliable, easiest to work on and of course looks are important. I don't want a huge laser embossed logo across the whole slide if at all possible. So is there really a difference between the various Armscor guns such as RIA, Spartan and so on?

Two words. Hawaiian shirt.

Cheaper than buying a new gun too.

Olympus 04-14-2012 12:22 AM

I think probably the Spartan would be best option for an Armscor gun as I believe that they have STI internals. Other than that, an Armscor gun is the same no matter what name is on the side. I'd recommend saving your pennies a little longer. Not the biggest fan of Armscor 1911s.

JoshH 04-14-2012 12:23 AM

Hey trip I don't want my wife to hear the sensible side of things, I got her talked into a $500 budget already and that's half the battle :)

trip286 04-14-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshH
Hey trip I don't want my wife to hear the sensible side of things, I got her talked into a $500 budget already and that's half the battle :)

Don't matter. If yours is anything like mine, "sensible" and "wife" are two words that don't belong in the same damn dictionary...