Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Arched Mag Well and Recoil Buffer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Arched Mag Well and Recoil Buffer

This is my first 1911 and would like to ask some knowledge from everyone if it is recommendable to put a recoil buffer on my warrior II and where can I get a good arched mag well that I could just put myself?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2007, 11:48 PM   #2

Default Buffer

I use a recoil buffer, but keep a close eye on its status, I hear they can come apart and jam your piece, and if you need it in a situation I guess your in trouble, I think Wilson recommends to replace them every 1000 rounds, and every 2000 for the recoil spring.

But, I use them especially at the range, it is a good idea for me, to save wear on the frame, especially if it's alloy. Some won't use the buffer on their carry weapon.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I run buffers too, and replace them and the springs at the interval suggested by Wilson. I have a buffer in my carry gun also, but I keep track of it's condition. For shooters who don't like to maintain their guns I'd suggest not using buffers.

The arched mainspring housing and magwell combo will likely fit your gun w/o much trouble. It could take some minor fitting, but not a big deal if you know what you're doing.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I use the Shok Buffers on all my 1911s and check the condition of the buffer after shooting, during cleaning. One particular buffer I use on my 3 1/2" Colt Officer's ACP is the Cominolli Frame Saver rod, which has both inner and outer buffers.