Anythoughts on a Springfield Armory Loaded 1911? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Anythoughts on a Springfield Armory Loaded 1911?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 04:45 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

A tip about springers.... When looking at them "first " look at the serial number. Reason being if the guns serial number starts with NM then its made in brizil " but " assembled in the U.S. And is alot better quality than the " N " serial numbered guns which are totally built & assembled in brizil. Thats why everybody who really knows springers wants a NM # gun and they bring higher money. Seeng is believing go look for yourselfs. I bought a new loaded " N " frame gun before I knew about the serial number thing off gunbroker and when it came i was sick. I called springfield about it and to there credit they paid to return it to them and they did fix all the issues free of charge but it took all the luster off the gun for me. Jmo and who am I ? I,ll probably never buy another springer because of this. Hard to beat a colt when all things are taken into account. Prices are compareable as they all compete for the market. My kimber is fitted out real nice but full of mim parts. Colt has very little mim, springers also are full of mim parts and there entry level 1911,s have 2 piece barrels too....
Bob

Last edited by BCOWANWHEELS; 01-23-2010 at 04:48 AM.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

I have two Springers, A GI and a Loaded.
So far I have had absolutely no reliability issues with hardball, semi-wadcutter, or hollow points... they eat whatever I feed them and love it.
I am completely satisfied with mine. To tell you the truth, I would rather have a Springfield than a Kimber (no offense to Kimber owners intended)... and also over the Smith, while the SW1911 may be a great gun, I just can't live with the external extractor in what's supposed to be a 1911. I would like to have a Colt one day, I played with a series 80 at my bosses gunsmith shop the other day... the only thing I didn't like about it was the plastic hammer spring housing. Are all Colts made with the plastic now?