Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Anyone own a citadel 1911?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/anyone-own-citadel-1911-a-82835/)

Alpinet6 01-30-2013 12:39 AM

Anyone own a citadel 1911??

I'm looking to buy a 1911. I was looking at the rock island 1911 then saw the citadel 1911 and somewhat changed my mind. What do you think?

kyleytxrialover 01-30-2013 01:49 AM

Love mine made by armscorps also

Alpinet6 01-30-2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyleytxrialover
Love mine made by armscorps also

I thought rock island made it? So armscorps makes the same gun? How does that work? Can you upload a pic so I can see?

Rick1967 01-30-2013 02:55 AM

I have a Citadel. Awesome gun. I use it to compete in IDPA once a month. I can hold my own against guys with top dollar guns. It is hard to get more gun for the money. Mine came with a beaver tail, skeletonized hammer and trigger and an enlarged ejection port. It is a lot of gun for the money. It has eaten everything I have fed it from 255 grain lead to 185 jacketed hollow points. You wont be sorry if you buy one.

Alpinet6 01-30-2013 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967
I have a Citadel. Awesome gun. I use it to compete in IDPA once a month. I can hold my own against guys with top dollar guns. It is hard to get more gun for the money. Mine came with a beaver tail, skeletonized hammer and trigger and an enlarged ejection port. It is a lot of gun for the money. It has eaten everything I have fed it from 255 grain lead to 185 jacketed hollow points. You wont be sorry if you buy one.

Yeah I'm gunna get the citadel. The rock island just has the standard hammer and trigger and does not feature a beaver tail as well as an ambidextrous safety. The guy at my local gun shop quoted me 545 plus tax and dros. Have you ever had to modify the feeding ramp? I was watching a YouTube vid and the guy had to take a dremel tool to it and re angle the feeding ramp because when he would rack a round into the chamber, the feeding ramp would push the projectile into the casing as it was chambering the round. Because the angle of the ramp was more vertical than horizontal. Make sense?

Holmes375 01-30-2013 07:20 AM

I bought a Kimber Ultra Carry II upon their introduction in 2001 - back when they were still affordable for someone like myself.

Decided I'd like to have another compact 1911 but didn't want to drop the big bucks if there was a decent economical alternative. Found a lightly used Citadel Compact for a sweet price and, after a bit of research, when ahead with the purchase.

I like the Citadel so far but I'm still breaking it in. These firearms do seem to need a little break-in to get everything playing with one another nicely. I'm using Wilson mags and plan to upgrade the sights to the XS 24/7. I'm also going to do a Duracoat job on the pistol as the factory finish is not as durable as I'd like. Nice trigger to start, got better after a few hundred rounds. Didn't like the grips, replaced them with my favourite VZ slabs.

Glad I bought the little Citadel - I'd certainly do it again. Love the Kimber but you're going to pay for one now. The Citadel delivers a lotta bang for the buck (yes, intended!).