Anyone else have or seen one?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Anyone else have or seen one?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Anyone else have or seen one?

I was wondering today if anyone else either has one or has seen another around? I found this two years ago where an acquaintence used to have a police supply shop which closed a number of years ago. He still had this new in the box. I got it for $350.

Norinco 1911A1, 4". I added the Pachmayr grips.

I understand that when these were still imported that builders loved them because of their sturdy construction. This one is one fine shooter.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 30 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Only thing I have heard was it's Chinese built and is suppose to be very well built and dependable.

“Life’s tough … it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.”
John Wayne

Old 04-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i had one many, many years ago. worst pistol i have ever owned. bought it from a gun dealer friend of mine when he wanted to sell an inexpensive 1911 type pistol. it was horrible in the fit and finish, had many FTF or stovepipes, extractor broke with less than 100 rounds through it. spent most of it's time in the shop being worked on. my friend quit even ordering them because of the problems associated with them. i sold mine about a month later and was glad to be rid of it. these are just my experiances with one that i bought and from what i observed at my friends shop. all i can say is, shoot the snot out of it and see what it does, as you may have found a good one.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #4

I've got 2 Commanders and a full size two tone. I couldn't bring myself to shoot my two Wilsons or even the Springfield Trophy Match that I bought as a shooter. I haven't shot any of the Norincos yet either (I know, I know), but reportedly 100% functioning. The Commanders are tuned with performance internals. The two tone is stock and it has a tight slide fit, positive safety, and heavy but crisp trigger. Sights are small and really fit in tightly. Up in the Great White North, they're very common and popular and and aside from the previous post I haven't heard of any lemons or common problems. They function very well. Lot to lot they vary. The most recent ones are pretty rough inside, but many of the older ones are pretty good. I think of them as kind of the modern day equivalent of the GI pistols. Not so tightly fitted as to affect reliability but not so sloppy that accuracy is compromised. Not too pretty, more on the "Old Ugly" end of things. (They do take to cosmetic makeovers very nicely). It boils down to top quality steel in the frame and slide. Bill Wilson steel quality. If you want, but not necessary, tune and replace internals and you've got a gun that can hang with guns costing 2-3 times as much that you won't mind putting some wear and tear on.

Congrats on your find!

dsc_0192.jpg  

Old 04-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #5

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Norinco officers model is one of THE MOST accurate 1911's I've ever shot. I was disgusted.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?