Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Ammo, Shipping, and the Peoples Republic of MA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ammo, Shipping, and the Peoples Republic of MA

So I bought a few boxes of 100 count Winchester 230 gr FMJ's to play with tomorrow at a cost of close to $50 a box. I've looked online and seen prices a lot cheaper, but how does ammunition and shipping work? Do I need to have it shipped to a dealer and pay the transer fee? Can they ship it to my door? I actually haven't seen much about how, who, why or what they ship when I looked at the different online websites. Any ideas?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1152 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 460

I don't know MA state law, but I have ordered ammo on line and had it shipped directly to my home here in WI. There is no federal law against shipping ammo across state lines to individuals as long as it properly labeled. Labeling is the shipper's responsibility.

Check the retailer's website or call their customer service, they should know where they can/cannot ship.

Palmetto State Armory is a good source of ammo at very reasonable prices.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I usually order online and the ammo is shipped right to my door.
Can't beat that for service. Never a problem either.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #4

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

When you order ammo from an online store, before they accept your order for the first time, you either have to send a copy of some ID or others have a form you attest to being of age to purchase ammunition. Once that's done they'll ship it to whatever address you provide.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 217 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 27

100rds of WWB 45acp should be under $40 at most Walmarts...$36 when I bought some the other day I think. And the 50rd boxes of Federal Champion are usually in the $16-18 range. Both brands have been great for me.

I order in all of my premium/defense ammo from SGammo, who I highly recommend. But a short list of states (Mass may be one of them) do have some restrictions.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Rhino, Everything in Massachusetts is illegal !!! I think that ammo can only be shipped to an FFL. You need to move to the Great state of New Hampshire. Anything goes!!

Live free or die

Old 07-03-2011, 01:11 PM   #7

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
When you order ammo from an online store, before they accept your order for the first time, you either have to send a copy of some ID or others have a form you attest to being of age to purchase ammunition. Once that's done they'll ship it to whatever address you provide.
Is that a Fl thing?
Never heard of that-
I've ordered ammo for yrs from different places & never had to furnish a ID

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Because you live, where you live, you will not be getting any pistols or Ammo shipped to your door like most of us do. look up the laws of your state, here are some on ammo an firearms.

Centerfire Systems - Ammunition

Old 07-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I feel your pain. Kalifornia also has so many restrictions that many companies just choose not to ship their goods here because of it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams