Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Ammo, Shipping, and the Peoples Republic of MA (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/ammo-shipping-peoples-republic-ma-44635/)

ACRhino 07-02-2011 09:01 PM

Ammo, Shipping, and the Peoples Republic of MA

So I bought a few boxes of 100 count Winchester 230 gr FMJ's to play with tomorrow at a cost of close to $50 a box. I've looked online and seen prices a lot cheaper, but how does ammunition and shipping work? Do I need to have it shipped to a dealer and pay the transer fee? Can they ship it to my door? I actually haven't seen much about how, who, why or what they ship when I looked at the different online websites. Any ideas?

Gatoragn 07-02-2011 09:13 PM

I don't know MA state law, but I have ordered ammo on line and had it shipped directly to my home here in WI. There is no federal law against shipping ammo across state lines to individuals as long as it properly labeled. Labeling is the shipper's responsibility.

Check the retailer's website or call their customer service, they should know where they can/cannot ship.

Palmetto State Armory is a good source of ammo at very reasonable prices.

PanBaccha 07-02-2011 09:23 PM

I usually order online and the ammo is shipped right to my door.
Can't beat that for service. Never a problem either. :)

Car54 07-02-2011 10:01 PM

When you order ammo from an online store, before they accept your order for the first time, you either have to send a copy of some ID or others have a form you attest to being of age to purchase ammunition. Once that's done they'll ship it to whatever address you provide.

sweeper22 07-02-2011 10:23 PM

100rds of WWB 45acp should be under $40 at most Walmarts...$36 when I bought some the other day I think. And the 50rd boxes of Federal Champion are usually in the $16-18 range. Both brands have been great for me.

I order in all of my premium/defense ammo from SGammo, who I highly recommend. But a short list of states (Mass may be one of them) do have some restrictions.

nhsuper44 07-03-2011 01:02 PM

Rhino, Everything in Massachusetts is illegal !!! I think that ammo can only be shipped to an FFL. You need to move to the Great state of New Hampshire. Anything goes!!

HOSSFLY 07-03-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car54 (Post 533367)
When you order ammo from an online store, before they accept your order for the first time, you either have to send a copy of some ID or others have a form you attest to being of age to purchase ammunition. Once that's done they'll ship it to whatever address you provide.

Is that a Fl thing?
Never heard of that-
I've ordered ammo for yrs from different places & never had to furnish a ID :confused:

nightal 07-03-2011 01:17 PM

Because you live, where you live, you will not be getting any pistols or Ammo shipped to your door like most of us do. look up the laws of your state, here are some on ammo an firearms.

Centerfire Systems - Ammunition

CA357 07-03-2011 02:32 PM

I feel your pain. Kalifornia also has so many restrictions that many companies just choose not to ship their goods here because of it.