Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   americans have the best gun laws (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/americans-have-best-gun-laws-2950/)

bobbyd 01-08-2008 04:26 AM

americans have the best gun laws

you americans are so lucky over here in oz we cant even own a semi auto matic shotgun let alone a semi handgun or machine gun i would have a hole range of machine guns if i could especialy a mack 10 i wish i was a yankee

Righteous 01-08-2008 10:25 AM

thats why we live here

Pat-inCO 01-09-2008 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyd (Post 13889)
you americans are so lucky over here in oz we cant even own a semi auto matic shotgun let alone a semi handgun or machine gun i would have a hole range of machine guns if i could especialy a mack 10 i wish i was a yankee

Well, it isn't quite that good. For example, it takes some significant effort (and $$$) to be able to acquire an automatic (not referring to semi-auto, rather full auto) legally. Another example are the people that live in Washington D.C., that are not allowed to own a pistol (we're working on that one) and there are a few others.

I agree that our system has some significant advantages and I sure like living here. :) Thanks! ;)

DoubleAction 02-20-2008 06:30 PM

We "Americans" have our Constitution, Our Bill Of Rights, and Our 2nd Amendment; Something our founding fathers seen fit to apply to our Government.

Dillinger 03-20-2008 11:17 PM

It is nice

The 2nd amendment has made it possible for the average American to own firearms for multiple purposes, and that is a great thing. Now if we could get the guns out of the criminals' hands, perhaps by putting a few hundred thousand of them to death as sentenced, our whole country would be better everyone. :D

Thank you for your positive post in a negative time my friend.

D

dnthmn2004 05-08-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyd (Post 13889)

DONT YOU DARE TELL ME I HAVE THE BEST GUN LAWS! (f*ckin massachusetts) im moving

h&k bigdaddydieseldan 05-08-2008 08:24 PM

That's why we live in the good ole usa
But it isn't as free as it should be but at least we can own just about anything we want to as long as we have the money and go through all the federal checks and pay the federal taxes :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

MaJeeper 08-31-2008 07:04 PM

dnthmn2004,

I agree. Massachusetts sucks. I feel like im in grade school. Someone telling me whats best for me. Strict lift laws on trucks and what..about 22k gun laws.. I feel like a fish out of water here. Once the market gets better, my house in on the market. Goodbye Kennedy's, Kerrys, Patricks and all you other liberal SOB's!! That being said. Yes, most of America is great for the Free American.

Sean
Massachusetts
NObama!!

dunerunner 08-31-2008 07:22 PM

One of many reasons I moved from the Soviet Republic of Kalifornia to Oregon.

JPBeck 09-01-2008 12:15 AM

You guys gave up your gun rights. Work to get them back.