American Tactical Imports Warranty issue - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > American Tactical Imports Warranty issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 10:59 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Oh, Great! I just purchased a GSG 1911 and love it! Shoots great, feels solid. The only concern I have is the slide does feel like the alloy I use to have on my toy guns.

If I wasn't completely bored with the Ruger/Buckmark style .22 pistols and I wasn't so in love with the 1911, I would have passed and gone with the ones we know perform. I knew I'd be taking a chance and I hope I'm never in your shoes.

Please keep us in the loop.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:08 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5659 Times on 2956 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGripster View Post
Oh, Great! I just purchased a GSG 1911 and love it! Shoots great, feels solid. The only concern I have is the slide does feel like the alloy I use to have on my toy guns.

If I wasn't completely bored with the Ruger/Buckmark style .22 pistols and I wasn't so in love with the 1911, I would have passed and gone with the ones we know perform. I knew I'd be taking a chance and I hope I'm never in your shoes.

Please keep us in the loop.
there are more than a few folks here that have one or are thinking about getting one. so far im the only one having a problem with it. other than this defect it was a fantastic gun the one range trip i had before it broke.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-14-2011, 11:16 PM   #13

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGripster View Post
And just how much more heft do you think could be added before that little 22lr would run out of recoil to cycle the slide? My guess is the German engineer that designed the slide nailed the mass.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-15-2011, 01:15 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
And just how much more heft do you think could be added before that little 22lr would run out of recoil to cycle the slide? My guess is the German engineer that designed the slide nailed the mass.
Oh, I figured the whole purpose was due to the cycling physics. I didn't state it as a complaint, only an observation.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

UPDATE:

Just got a call from Christopher at ATI regarding my GSG 1911-22 they are going to replace it and send me a new one.

so i am satisfied with the service once i jumped through their hoops.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #16

I just got off the phone with Chris at ATI and we discussed Jon's GSG 1911-22 problems.

I am very impressed with ATI's concern and remedy to clear up this potential "black eye" in customer service.

Chris was very candid in describing in detail his side of the story. It seemed to match Jon's version yet he never said it wasn't ATI's fault. As a matter-of-fact, he has instructed his CS people to be more solution orientated. His main concern for calling me was to make sure the resolution to this issue was satisfactory for all parties involved.

The first mix-up had to do with the lack of a displayed Return Authorization Number on the outside of the shipping box. Once that was corrected and the gun was inspected, ATI determined the gun was defective (part of the frame broke off) and a replacement (complete NEW gun) would be shipped to Jon.

Chris wanted me to pass on his apology to our forum for any rudeness Jon had experienced and assured us it will not happen again.

He also wanted me to tell Jon to (get off your butt - cane added) and send him the ship-to FFL information so he can get the new gun on its way.

So……….GET OFF YOUR BUTT JON and get Chris the address!

As stated in my OP, “I will hold back any recommendations of your products/company until I hear this issue is resolved….” I am back unconditionally recommending both the GSG 1911-22 and ATI to any member interested in a great 22lr pistol.

This recommendation is based on my experience with both the gun and my communications with ATI.

We always hear the horror stories about bad products and bad companies not standing behind them. Well it certainly is refreshing when we hear about good products and the good company standing behind that which they sell!

Chris, thank you for your call.

Jon, please keep us in the loop.

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

- orangello

Old 04-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
So……….GET OFF YOUR BUTT JON and get Chris the address!

i called my FFL guy and gave him the info the second i got off the phone with chris when he called me. i will stop by the shop this afternoon after work and make sure he actually faxed it!!!

Old 04-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Update:

called ATI and spoke with chris he confirmed he did not have the FFL and so i went and talked to my dealer he said he sent it. so i had him re-fax it and then called chris back and confirmed that he recieved it. no more monkey business!!

now im irked with both of em lol. i dont care who did what JUST DO IT!!

i want my GSG back!!!

i shouldnt have to ride herd on either one of em lol. anyway im confident now that im BACK in the loop things will get resolved.

they had a 91/30 mosin nagant for 149$ in light cosmoline so i took that home too. initial pics and thoughts on it later tonite when i get home.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #19

Chris called again, said he shipped your new GSG out today Jon.

He also sent me an email with the recommended rounds for any GSG .22 caliber gun. Here's the info;

Cane,
Theses are the recommended rounds for any GSG .22 caliber gun. Hope this helps you and your friends!!

FEDERAL CHAMPION(BULK PACK)
FEDERAL AMERICAN EAGLE
FEDERAL PREMIUM HV MATCH
WINCHESTER SUPER SPEED

Hope this helps Cane, let me know if I can help you anymore.

Regards,

Chris Stinson
Customer Service Rep.
American Tactical Imports

Should anyone have ANY issue with their ATI imported, German Sport Guns firearm please PM me should you require help resolving any issue.

I will be glad to run interference for you with ATI.

- orangello

Old 04-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Chris called again, said he shipped your new GSG out today Jon.

He also sent me an email with the recommended rounds for any GSG .22 caliber gun. Here's the info;

Cane,
Theses are the recommended rounds for any GSG .22 caliber gun. Hope this helps you and your friends!!

FEDERAL CHAMPION(BULK PACK)
FEDERAL AMERICAN EAGLE
FEDERAL PREMIUM HV MATCH
WINCHESTER SUPER SPEED

Hope this helps Cane, let me know if I can help you anymore.

Regards,

Chris Stinson
Customer Service Rep.
American Tactical Imports

Should anyone have ANY issue with their ATI imported, German Sport Guns firearm please PM me should you require help resolving any issue.

I will be glad to run interference for you with ATI.
thank you very much for helping out and going the extra magazine worth!!

chris called me just a bit ago to let me know it is shiped out and should be here by monday. hopefully i dont have to wait another 48 hours and pay a new bg check *sigh*