American Tactical Imports Warranty issue
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > American Tactical Imports Warranty issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5501 Times on 2872 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Default American Tactical Imports Warranty issue

as some of you know i recently bought a GSG 1911-22 imported by american tactical imports a little bit back. a piece fo the frame chipped off i sent it back for warranty through the dealer i purchesed it from. ATI sent it back unopened and wrote refused on the box. it was sent via UPS.

i just called them and a rather rude woman answered the phone and transferred me to an unattended voice mail box. no names given from her she transferred me before i could ask her name there was no name on the Vmail box message. so i left a short summary of my issue and my phone number.

i will follow up here with new info as or if it develops. right now i would definately not recomend buying any product imported or sold by ATI due to the crappy service so far. if this doesnt get resolved i guess i will just be out the 300ish $$ i paid and just shoot the piss out of the gun till it breaks then toss it.

so for those asking if i recomend the GSG. it is a resounding NO!! hell NO!! at this point. if i have to make calls to get warranty service like this then this is not a company i will be dealing with in the future regardless of outcome.

this is not a knock against German Sport Guns but the importer ATI.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

UPDATE:

christopher from ATI called me and explained the reason for the refusal. evidently they require the rma number to be printed on the outside of the package on all six sides of the box...

according to my ffl dealer none of that was on their website. who is wrong or unreasonable doesnt matter. im just out 20 or so $ for the extra attempt.

ill update on final resolution when it happens.

im still not happy about the monkey business.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Good luck with it!

It never ceases to amaze me how many companies shoot themselves in the foot by employing rude CSR's or telephone operators.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Good luck with it!

It never ceases to amaze me how many companies shoot themselves in the foot by employing rude CSR's or telephone operators.
truth. she didnt have to be short with me either. i wasnt rude or bitchy or anything just told her i was and what my problem was and and she just said im transferring you went right to vmail. christopher was a decent enough sort and got me a RMA to put on the box so i could try again. i just find it amazing they didnt open it. the RMA was inside...

Old 04-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Please keep us in the loop on this. It's amazing how stupid some companies are about service after the sale. It's so much easier to retain a customer than to find a new one. The unhappy customer is then going to talk about it to everyone he knows, which will hurt their business even more. Stupid.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Please keep us in the loop on this. It's amazing how stupid some companies are about service after the sale. It's so much easier to retain a customer than to find a new one. The unhappy customer is then going to talk about it to everyone he knows, which will hurt their business even more. Stupid.
specially when one is a blabbermouth on the interweb and local ranges...

Old 04-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Sorry to hear that Jon. I have never liked ATI, I still see their customer service has not improved much since I had to deal with them on a AK purchased many years back. Hell it even sounds like the same gal?

Hey, I will let you borrow mine if ya want, till yours gets back.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Sorry to hear that Jon. I have never liked ATI, I still see their customer service has not improved much since I had to deal with them on a AK purchased many years back. Hell it even sounds like the same gal?

Hey, I will let you borrow mine if ya want, till yours gets back.
thanks but i can wait spring summer fall i fixate on rifles too damn cold in the winter to shoot them.

anyway it works out i wont be buying anything from ati again. one thing i do have to say about this experience so far is ati customer service is better so far than what i got from kimber a few years back...

Old 04-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #9

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I just sent this email.

ATI WARRANTY on GSG 1911-22

Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:22 PM
To: customerservice@americantactical.us
Subject: ATI WARRANTY on GSG 1911

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Canebrake and I am a GSG 1911-22 owner and a moderator on the www.FireArmsTalk.com forum.

I have been extremely happy with my purchase and have recommended your product to ALL my members.

I know for a fact that I have steered several sales your way and up until today everyone has been pleased.

One of my members had a problem with his newly purchased 1911-22 and has run into some difficulty and rudeness trying to resolve this issue.

I will hold back any recommendations of your products/company until I hear this issue is resolved and maybe some sensitivity training is provided to your CS people.

May I be so bold as to ask your CS department to visit our 26,000+ member forum and explain your rudeness on this incident. It would help a great deal in improving your company’s image here on the FTF.

American Tactical Imports Warranty issue

I will be anxiously awaiting your handling of this currently “small” problem.

Canebrake

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-14-2011, 10:55 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

wow, im glad i got canebrake looking out for me im waaaaay too nice. i was gonna wait till i got a final resolution heh. in their defense christopher did respond quickly even if the first woman i talked to wasnt terribly helpful and dumped me into vmail.

i think the response time was somewhere around ten minutes. im really irked they didnt open the box as they woulda seen the paperwork inside. now i gotta pay shipping again to fix something that shoulda been done the first time.

i relied on the dealer i purchased it from on a special order i waited months to get to ship it back and handle the return for service. sht happens things break or show up defective thats just life. but just shipping it back refused because the rma wasnt printed on all six sides is ridiculous at best.

i buy a LOT of guns from the good folks at rieneman's true value in burlington wi. damn fine folks to deal with. and he was pissed that the issue resulted in a return.

one other thing. i REALLY like the gsg 1911-22 its a good gun. all i wanted from em is a quick resolution for a defective example of the product.

Last edited by JonM; 04-14-2011 at 11:00 PM.