Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Advice, expertise, and thoughts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 06:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 72 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchytrigger View Post
I'm pretty sure I said I PLAN on putting the hogues on my finished product. Who are you to judge my selection of aftermarket grips??? That's what I've always felt comfortable shooting with and I'm not sure if I asked for you to criticize my selection. That's why I'm looking to make my 1911 CUSTOM... Just for that reason... It's what I like...
You could stand to broaden your horizons and popping off at the mouth like a young punk doesn't bode you well, here or the real world.

DEO VINDICE

http://blackpowdertimes.com/index.php

People Like This 
Old 03-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #12

Liked 856 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 597

Seeing as how some of us have been shooting and buying guns before your dad was probably born you might shut up and listen. We old timers can't stand young punks running there ignorant mouths. Listen to advice and shut up other than thank you and asking the right questions. You obviously have a lot to learn about guns and life to it seems so ask the right questions and take the advise you asked for or go elsewhere for your advise. JMO.

USMC 74-78

People Like This 
Old 03-31-2013, 11:54 PM   #13

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Just sounds like another kid who just watched The Punisher---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 04-01-2013, 03:47 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhorn_cortez

Hogue makes a lot of different 1911 grips, including standard grips in exotic woods and molded rubber grips with finger grooves. If you are talking about the molded rubber grips with finger grooves, try standard grips first. Standard grips come in regular and thin profiles and the feel of the gun changes substantially between those two profiles.

I have shot a friend's TRP on numerous occasions with the molded rubber grips with finger grooves and, for me, the grips did not help the gun. You might do better trying an arched main spring housing as that will change how the gun sits in your hand and how it points.
The ones I'm really comfortable with are the extreme series. I think they are like G10's or G13's??? Super thin. I've got a smaller grip so it feels REALLY good in my hands. As for everyone else that thinks I'm some young punk who doesn't know when to "sit down and shut up and take advice" I don't believe I'm being disrespectful by any means. I DO however find it disrespectful how I am being bashed simply because I stood up and explained I'd rather stick with hogue for the simple reason that I MYSELF feel very comfortable with their products. I simply asked advice on BASE MODELS of 1911 style pistols that can easily be modified to MY taste. I did not ask for anyone to criticize MY personal preference on my grip choice. And just because someone is a respected member of the forum DOES NOT by ANY MEANS make it ok for them to tell my my choice in grips needs to be different. I have been respectful and understanding but bashing my choice of grips simply because YOUR choice might feel better for YOU makes no difference to me. If you can't tell, I'm clearly educated friends, so please non of the "punk" nonsense.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:49 AM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19603 Times on 11127 Posts
Likes Given: 49355

Itchytrigger, i suggest you read this stickie first before buying or modifying any pistol, much less a 1911. might save you some headaches and money if you read it and take the advice.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/choosing-your-first-1911-a-21860/

BTW, how many 191's have you owned? by your own admission, you just turned 21, but you seem to have all this knowledge of the platform? hmmmm....well i guess we can't teach you anything and we'll sit back and wait for your pearls of wisdom on the subject......

Last edited by Axxe55; 04-01-2013 at 03:53 AM.
People Like This 
Old 04-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
Itchytrigger, i suggest you read this stickie first before buying or modifying any pistol, much less a 1911. might save you some headaches and money if you read it and take the advice.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/choosing-your-first-1911-a-21860/

BTW, how many 191's have you owned? by your own admission, you just turned 21, but you seem to have all this knowledge of the platform? hmmmm....well i guess we can't teach you anything and we'll sit back and wait for your pearls of wisdom on the subject......
I appreciate that sticky. Deff informative. And I'm by far an expert on the 1911. I do know more about it than alot of people I meet or know. (Don't take it as me running my mouth or anything of that sort) I truly do have a decent understanding of these firearms. I'm not sure of your local laws and such, but here in Arizona I was legally allowed to posses a pistol at the age of 18. I could transport it to and from the range. I could also (at 18) purchase a pistol from a private seller. This being said, I have owned and operated a good array of handguns though I'm just now turning 21. It's just that now I'm able to go out on my own and buy anything I want. I'm not limited to what's available from joe schmo off of armslist.com. I appreciate all the advice that is being given, it's helpful. Especially that sticky!! I didn't know how expensive this could potentially be. Lol. Suggests that a good starting price range is 700-1100!? Holy cow. I thought the 700 I have saved up would be plenty enough to get myself a nail-driving beauty.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #17

Quote:
I appreciate that sticky. Deff informative. And I'm by far an expert on the 1911. I do know more about it than alot of people I meet or know. (Don't take it as me running my mouth or anything of that sort) I truly do have a decent understanding of these firearms. I'm not sure of your local laws and such, but here in Arizona I was legally allowed to posses a pistol at the age of 18. I could transport it to and from the range. I could also (at 18) purchase a pistol from a private seller. This being said, I have owned and operated a good array of handguns though I'm just now turning 21. It's just that now I'm able to go out on my own and buy anything I want. I'm not limited to what's available from joe schmo off of armslist.com. I appreciate all the advice that is being given, it's helpful. Especially that sticky!! I didn't know how expensive this could potentially be. Lol. Suggests that a good starting price range is 700-1100!? Holy cow. I thought the 700 I have saved up would be plenty enough to get myself a nail-driving beauty.
well Itchy, you kind of $h!t in the sandbox so to speak here. most of these guys you flamed on, me included probably have been around them two to three times longer than you have been alive.

well you may think you have a decent understanding of firearms, but i seriously doubt you have any understanding of respect of others. because it's readily apparent you don't really know as much as you thought you did.

well i hope you fare better with other subjects, because it's doubtful any one of these guys is going to help you now until you learn a little respect and humility. enjoy the forum.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

well Itchy, you kind of $h!t in the sandbox so to speak here. most of these guys you flamed on, me included probably have been around them two to three times longer than you have been alive.

well you may think you have a decent understanding of firearms, but i seriously doubt you have any understanding of respect of others. because it's readily apparent you don't really know as much as you thought you did.

well i hope you fare better with other subjects, because it's doubtful any one of these guys is going to help you now until you learn a little respect and humility. enjoy the forum.
Lol some of you guys are a f****** joke. In which aspect have you gathered I'm uneducated when it comes to firearms!? Because I second guessed someone's s***** advice!? I've tried to be respectful but holy cow I refuse to respect someone with no respect for me.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #19

Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you're interested in G-10 grips, then you should also look at VZ Grips. Also, Larry Davidson's Monkey Grips is another sourcce for G-10 grips. If you can afford $1,000 that opens up a lot of options from Colt, SIG, STI, etc. for a quality pistol.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Lol some of you guys are a f****** joke. In which aspect have you gathered I'm uneducated when it comes to firearms!? Because I second guessed someone's s***** advice!? I've tried to be respectful but holy cow I refuse to respect someone with no respect for me.
wow, just wow!