Adjustable sights - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Adjustable sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 07:33 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
kdog do they sell gun parts on eBay in Germany?
Sorry it took a bit longer for me to get back to my thread here, but I was on a competition all day yesterday und to tired in the eavening to do anything on the net.

No, unfortunately ebay dosn`t sell firearm parts, such as slides, barells, etc.
One could get lucky to get a set of sights, grips or holsters, butr any part that is declared as a firearm relevant part by law, can only be sold, if you have a special lisence for selling firearms. It`s all a bit complicated here.
And also getting a second 9mm system is possible, but also a pain in the ass, because I would have it registered in my permit, and that cost a few Euros aswell.
And at the moment my wife is to to friendly to me, when it comes to shooting............

I don`t have a problem with having a new front sight staked or a dovetail cut into the slide, since to me, my 1911 is not a collectable.
It was just the question, because LPA says, the LPA TPU rear sight should work with the original front sight and since I use the pistol for target shooting only and nomally have my POA just below the black area of the ISSF target, it just might work fine and I wouldn`t have to put much money into having the front sight renewed.
But if I have a new front sight staked or cut into the slide, I would get a totally different rear sight.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 283 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Spend the $$$, the economy could use it.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #13
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3112 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1322

There was a time when there was a shooting club in Liege, Belgium.

I was surprised at what they had for parts available. About 30 years ago, one could go to a flea market in Belgium and get all the parts needed to complete a firearm.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)