Acceptable Ammo for 1911r1 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Acceptable Ammo for 1911r1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycharlie2 View Post
Avatar or profile is a 9mm Walther P1 postwar German army.
Hardball= Full metal jacket
FFL= Federal Firearms License
My ammo deal was $20 coupon for every $100 spent on I think Black Friday or Thanksgiving Day, but wasn't redeemable until the following Sunday. So the ammo was on sale the following Sunday and the 250rd cost me $99.99 in Gander coupons. Just lucky timing.
Do you have the 9mm? Where did you get it? Do you like it? I always liked the styling of those. I had a toy one when I was a kid. Thanks for the definitions of the technical terms. I've been away from guns for about twenty years. College, working, etc. Sounds like you did get lucky with the ammo. But, luck counts!

Old 03-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
NIB is new in box
Thanks, appreciate it.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #13

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

If you like the Walther P1 don't forget the earlier WWII Walther P38 which is probably the one you remember as a child. And the much more modern Beretta 92 borrows heavily from both designs.

But the pistol kings of both World Wars are the 1911 and Luger (with the Hi-Power debuting just before WWII).

Old 03-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Congratulations. I picked mine up just after the first of the year and love it. I really believe that the caution against +P is for the attorneys. There is no imprint on the ammo that would throw up a flag for warranty work.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
If you like the Walther P1 don't forget the earlier WWII Walther P38 which is probably the one you remember as a child. And the much more modern Beretta 92 borrows heavily from both designs.

But the pistol kings of both World Wars are the 1911 and Luger (with the Hi-Power debuting just before WWII).
I did Google Walther, but didn't know about the Beretta 92. Thanks for the tip, I'll check that out. I do like my 1911. Can't wait to fire it. Hopefully, on the range!

Old 03-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post

Like your profile photo.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDerb View Post
Congratulations. I picked mine up just after the first of the year and love it. I really believe that the caution against +P is for the attorneys. There is no imprint on the ammo that would throw up a flag for warranty work.

Thanks. Glad to hear you love your gun. They're beautiful, aren't they? I love the feel of the thing, can't wait to shoot it. That's actually what the gun dealer said about the +P: "Lawyer Crap", and, "They're just covering their asses". Still, I did buy some Remington Golden Saber, Home Defense, and UMC Handgun, just to play it safe. If these fire well, I may try the others, just to compare. Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing. Oh, and, I like your quote. My dad was a hunter, and I grew up with guns. Shot a lot of .357 Magnum pistols, he didn't trust auto hanguns, so they were S&W, and Ruger revolvers, and rifles, shotguns, then got into the Peace thing, and didn't have guns. Ironically, now, I've gotten into spirituality, Chinese Medicine, and Daoism, and I own a handgun! Go figure. But yeah, you're Bible quote. I encountered an angel in a church I used to go to, and it was FIERCE! It was behind me, 8-10 feet tall, and fierce! Not dangerous to me, I knew it would protect me if I needed protection, but FIERCE! That surprised me. My medical qigong instructor looked at me the one time, and I thought he was pissed at me, but he was letting me see who he really is. From behind his right eye, in the pupil, I could see this bright white light, and it was fierce! Not angry, but, just by it's nature, FIERCE! I like your quote.