Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   .45 Brass to the Eye (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/45-brass-eye-89399/)

sc00ts 04-23-2013 07:01 PM

.45 Brass to the Eye

About 2 years ago my RI 1911 ejected a spend casing straight back into my face. The casing hit below my right eye, just below my safety glasses and actually hot stamped me with the indent of the ejector groove. The gun was fairly new at that time, only ~200 rounds through it, hasn't happened since. Has that ever happened to anyone else?

Jagermeister 04-23-2013 07:06 PM

Only with a Glock 17 when I was very young and learning to shoot it. This is a problem with quite a few newbies with Glock.

Tackleberry1 04-23-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc00ts (Post 1224352)
About 2 years ago my RI 1911 ejected a spend casing straight back into my face. The casing hit below my right eye, just below my safety glasses and actually hot stamped me with the indent of the ejector groove. The gun was fairly new at that time, only ~200 rounds through it, hasn't happened since. Has that ever happened to anyone else?

It happens... change your panties and move on. ;)

Tack

john300k 04-24-2013 12:07 AM

My M&P .45 got me a couple of months ago. I was wearing a ball cap (protect my bald head) and a spent cartridge came up and hit the bill and landed between my glasses and eye lid. Yeah it left a mark...lol,

sc00ts 04-24-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john300k
My M&P .45 got me a couple of months ago. I was wearing a ball cap (protect my bald head) and a spent cartridge came up and hit the bill and landed between my glasses and eye lid. Yeah it left a mark...lol,

Ouch man. Yeah that would suck! Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that's happened to.

jgoertz 04-24-2013 03:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
.......... Xx

jgoertz 04-24-2013 03:04 AM

Stuck between glasses and eye.

trip286 04-24-2013 04:25 AM

I was standing right next to Jstrong when his sister's .22 popped him in the eye with a casing.

I stood over my squad leader as he was kneeling and firing around the corner of a house in Afghanistan. His semi auto M16 firing wasn't getting my jollies off well enough, so I opened up with my saw and dumped a boat load of hot brass down the back of his flak jacket. Oops...

I did the same to my platoon commander a couple days later.

And my team leader. Platoon sergeant. Then my assistant team leader when I got my own team. My best buddy. An Iraqi insurgent. An Afghan interpreter.

Come to think of it, I don't know if there's anyone I haven't dumped hot brass on. I even let Sue grab a couple casings from my boss's AR this past Sunday (I DID watch to make sure they had been sitting there cooling for a moment. But they were warm enough that he learned something from it.)

nitestalker 04-24-2013 05:39 AM

Anyone who has ever shot more than a few rounds has been "Branded" by hot brass. In the face, behind the glasses and down the shirt. Anyone who drinks coffee has had been burned in the most tender spot.:eek:

trip286 04-24-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1225022)
Anyone who has ever shot more than a few rounds has been "Branded" by hot brass. In the face, behind the glasses and down the shirt. Anyone who drinks coffee has had been burned in the most tender spot.:eek:

Happened to me just a couple weeks ago. Left a pattern that looked like the statue of liberty on my jeans...