The $350 1911 at CDNN? Who makes it? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > The $350 1911 at CDNN? Who makes it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 11:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 931 Times on 496 Posts
Likes Given: 680

1911 in new CDNN catalog? - Glock Talk

Old 08-13-2011, 11:55 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1150 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 688

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJthebull View Post

"Having the burden and responsibility of carrying a firearm is well worth my family and love ones safety. I practice for them, and a well trained and prepared man with his love ones on his mind is the most dangerous man." - JJ
sorry about this as it is off topic, however, i was reading your quote or signature. at first glance it seems great even fathomable. but then you think. what about all the crazy people who dont care for life and will pull the trigger just because you looked at them wrong or are a different color... i dont know.. just food for thought... i mean im married and have kids. but if im thinking about them and not breath and trigger control. what good am i?

Old 08-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #13

Thanks limbkiller

"Having the burden and responsibility of carrying a firearm is well worth my family and love ones safety. I practice for them, and a well trained and prepared man with his love ones on his mind is the most dangerous man." - JJ

Old 08-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1

sorry about this as it is off topic, however, i was reading your quote or signature. at first glance it seems great even fathomable. but then you think. what about all the crazy people who dont care for life and will pull the trigger just because you looked at them wrong or are a different color... i dont know.. just food for thought... i mean im married and have kids. but if im thinking about them and not breath and trigger control. what good am i?
Jj very fair question and not to full up the thread but I would like to respond. Like my signature says having a firearm is a burden because it can be used to deliver lethal force and unfortunately bullets cant tell the difference between BG's and innocent bystanders. That alone is enough to convict individuals who wants to carry to practice. And I beleive in practice prepares one for perfection because no one is perfect nor is any shooter more accurate than their gun. And I also beleive that no matter how professional or degree of training a shooter has, in a stressed situation he is not thinking about trigger control, breathing, sight picture, or recoil but rather how many BG there are, how many rounds he has, and how he rather die before he let the BG harm his wife n family. That is why in my signature I stress practice, so things like trigger control can become muscle memory, habit, and second nature rather than thought process. Furthermore, in my sig im only pointing out how a man survival instinct kicks in when his family is in danger or even if he hears a weird sound at night that he knows is nothing but still gets out of bed to do a walk around. That same instinct is in bears, lions, and eagles when their cubs are threatened. That is why (along w the reason that it is wrong) I will never harm any man's family no matter his size or gun experience because of the fact that u have no idea of what he is willing to do or capable of doing in defense of his family. To sum it all up im only trying to point how big of a responsibility carrying is and how dangerous a well trained man with love ones safety in mind is. But again I can only speak for myself.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #15
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Interweb survey says Turkish made & not great quality control.
Orangello, are you sure these aren't being manufactured by Sarsilmaz? They've been making firearms for the Turkish military for over 130 years and just recently re-tooled to a state-of-the-art facility using the latest CAD/CAM and CNC technology. If it's coming from there, it's well worth the money, I would imagine.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Orangello, are you sure these aren't being manufactured by Sarsilmaz? They've been making firearms for the Turkish military for over 130 years and just recently re-tooled to a state-of-the-art facility using the latest CAD/CAM and CNC technology. If it's coming from there, it's well worth the money, I would imagine.

Didn't see one in their catalog here:
SARSILMAZ - Catalog

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 08-15-2011, 01:38 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

If someone confirms the make on these please post so we all know.

Thanks in advance!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 08-15-2011, 03:05 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
From my reading it seems that bargain 1911 hunters are left to choose from Brazilian (Springfield/IMBEL)
the springfield imbrel brazil stuff is right up there with colt in quality. they are made on actual colt machinery sold to the imbrel plant decades ago. they use very good steel and have very high levels of quality control.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Hey Jon: eye + emm + bee + eee + ell = IMBEL

Be Well.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:13 AM   #20
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy View Post
Didn't see one in their catalog here:
SARSILMAZ - Catalog
I was thinking maybe under contract for another company but at the Sarsilmaz plant. This must be one of the largest weapon manufacturers in Turkey and I doubt they need their facility for their own contracts all year round. At least I was HOPING it was built at their plant if it was Turkish!

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)