Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   22lr conversion for 1911 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/22lr-conversion-1911-a-24078/)

SeanTLog 03-02-2010 06:02 AM

22lr conversion for 1911

does anyone know if a kimber 22 conversion kit will fit a sig 1911?

stalkingbear 03-02-2010 03:09 PM

It should fit with no problems. To be SURE consult Kimber and ask them before buying it.

JonM 03-02-2010 09:37 PM

i got a springfield 1911-A1 and it does not work withthe stock hammer. when i want to use the kimber kit i got to replace the hammer and sear with one of those crappy ones kimber uses so the kit will function. i kick myself for having bought the kimber junk kit.

the main issue with the kimbers is they use some really terrible low profile adjustable sights that interfere with mil-spec hammers. while the kit itself functions fine its just a pain in the ass because of that for milspec pistols. i really wich they hadnt decided to go low profile on those kits and just used a standard dovetail.

gadrooning 03-02-2010 09:57 PM

I have had my kimber 22 conversion kit for a while now. Perfectly happy with it. But I have it on a Kimber Custom II. I have heard other people say they have had problems with the hammer striking the bottom of the rear sight, so it does not make proper contact with the firing pin. I do not know if this will be the case on the sig as i do not have any sigs or are very familiar with them. The conversion and poly mags work very well though. You may also want ot look at the Marvel 22 conversion and the Wilson Combat 22 conversion as well. They are all good.

stalkingbear 03-02-2010 10:17 PM

How much do you want for it JonM?

SeanTLog 03-03-2010 05:47 PM

couldnt you replace the rear sights to get rid of this problem im just wandering i appreciate yalls input and im gonna have to check out those other kits

JonM 03-04-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stalkingbear (Post 239966)
How much do you want for it JonM?

hadnt really thought about it. i dont know what i payed but i know they are pricier than the ciener kit which just arrived in the mail today. and it is having some fit issues with my springfield 1911-A1 and totally doesnt fit my ithaca. so his stuff is definately not mil-spec bout to head off tot he gunshop to get it buffed on the rails a bit and see if i can get a slide stop fitted.

i was gonna take it to the gunshow this weekend and sell the kimber to cover the cost of the ciener. so if your honestly interested shoot me a PM and ill respond to it when i get back this evening.

oh and yeah i have tried to find a good non adjustable rear sight for the kimber and no one seems to make one that will fit it. im not a fan of adjustable sights on handguns after having it not work for me.