You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

The 2011 Centennial Edition?? Anyone??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 10:54 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3502 Times on 1614 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Jesus Christ you people are picky.

I finally get an answer to something that some of us actually wanted to know about and all I get are a bunch of negative & BS responses.

Yes, the Nighthawks are around $2K with some of their higher end work being near $3K. A Nighthawk Master Dealer will give you a better price than MSRP though.

So far, they are the ONLY 1911 maker that has responded to me on this issue.

I included a link to our forum in my e-mails, so it's basically free advertising and no one else seems to give a rat's ass.

At this point I am sorry I even wasted the effort and should have kept the information to myself.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:14 PM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Its early yet. I'd guess pretty much every 1911 manufacturer will be making some sort of commemorative edition. Most will probably just be cosmetic- a rollmark, engraving or special grips to cash in on the anniversary.
Its good to hear nighthawk is working on "something special"
Will be interesting to see what develops in the coming months
Beyond the speed of sound---
Fire it up, Let the engines roll
It's time to burn it down

Old 01-28-2010, 11:14 PM   #23

Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Easy JD Easy... calm... take a deep breath, breathe in breathe out... are you calm now??

Good...

All is good in the world... the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is full of 1911's and can never be emptied of ammo.... Tango is making nice nice with a unicorn and Robo has NGIB in cuffs and is leading him toward a large catapult with nefarious plans in mind..

See .... all is right in LA LA Land.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:41 AM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

The 2011 Centennial Edition??  Anyone?? - 1911 Forum
Saw this in the Kimber Catalog. Dont have many details other than Limited edition of 250.
Unconfirmed, internet rumors are the MSRP is $4,300+

Old 01-31-2010, 02:48 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Saw this in the Kimber Catalog. Dont have many details other than Limited edition of 250.
Wow!! That is beautiful and alarming at the same time. That pistol has Cane's old metro snakehide written ALL over it.

If that nefarious pony company doesn't come out with something to top this, I will personally go through the archives and delete any references to said company.

JD

Old 01-31-2010, 03:00 AM   #26

Liked 3744 Times on 1829 Posts
Likes Given: 13279

Now that I have moved to a free land I was going to get me a couple pistols this year and I wasn't leaning toward a 1911. But since you brought up the idea of a commemorative 1911 ..........

Thanks 4 the heads up.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-31-2010, 04:10 AM   #27

Liked 1465 Times on 819 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Wow!! That is beautiful and alarming at the same time. That pistol has Cane's old metro snakehide written ALL over it.

If that nefarious pony company doesn't come out with something to top this, I will personally go through the archives and delete any references to said company.

JD
There is no crying in baseball! There is NO crying in baseball! (Apologies to Tom Hanks!)

A Centennial 1911 with adjustable sights??? Kimber, Kimber, Kimber no Crimson Trace Lasergrips??

Case harden finish frame?? Faux Ivory stocks, how Patton!

Can you cram any more sterotype symbolism into that pimp-steel glock?

And leave the scrolling to the real gun companies!

A canebrake Centennial 1911 would be a COLTS, exact replica of the M1911, with modern processing, modern materials, vintage markings, special serial numbering and a slide with the vintage roll mark (see below) on one side and a NOT BAROQUE but special "Centennial Government 1911 - 2011" roll mark on the other.

Solid Long Smooth Faced Trigger, No Finger Relief Crescent Cuts to Frame behind the Trigger, GI Wide Spur Hammer, Short Spur on grip safety, Flat Main Spring Housing, Thin front sight, Small rear sight notch, Wood Double Diamond checkered grips, Lanyard Ring, Blued not Parkerized and shipped in a replica of the original box with wax paper wrapping!

The only other improvement would be a upgrade to the common blueing, maybe a finish like the one found on the Royal Combat Commander featuring a deep Royal Blue finish.

Produce them to market demand and stop production and the special serial numbering on 12/31/2011!

Price them at $999.99 and produce them with music wire springs and carbon steel parts.

Feel free to produce any other limited edition, foo foo, gilded, scrolled, unobtanium, machined in space's zero gravity models you care to. I don't want one!

I will buy the canebrake Colts Centennial 1911 for myself and all three of my kids! Colt, you wont be able to keep up with production!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-31-2010, 04:27 AM   #28

^^^

Uh huh? And thhheeeeennnnnnn???

Wishlists are one thing.

What will ACTUALLY be marketed will be another....

JD

Old 01-31-2010, 04:43 AM   #29

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Case harden finish frame?? Faux Ivory stocks, how Patton! Actually read they are supposed to be real elephant,still doesn't do it for me

A canebrake Centennial 1911 would be a COLTS, exact replica of the M1911, with modern processing, modern materials, vintage markings, special serial numbering and a slide with the vintage roll mark (see below) on one side and a NOT BAROQUE but special "Centennial Government 1911 - 2011" roll mark on the other.

Solid Long Smooth Faced Trigger, No Finger Relief Crescent Cuts to Frame behind the Trigger, GI Wide Spur Hammer, Short Spur on grip safety, Flat Main Spring Housing, Thin front sight, Small rear sight notch, Wood Double Diamond checkered grips, Lanyard Ring, Blued not Parkerized and shipped in a replica of the original box with wax paper wrapping!Wouldnt this basically be a 1991A1 with different rollmarks, a cardboard box and no FP safety?

The only other improvement would be a upgrade to the common blueing. Personally I would like to see the old rust bluing and maybe some small performance enhancements like opening up the ejection port a bit, and update the feed ramp for use with HP ammo

Produce them to market demand and stop production and the special serial numbering on 12/31/2011! YES!

Price them at $999.99 and produce them with music wire springs and carbon steel parts. Hell yes!

Feel free to produce any other limited edition, foo foo, gilded, scrolled, unobtanium, machined in space's zero gravity models you care to. I don't want one! Me either
I will buy the canebrake Colts Centennial 1911 for myself and all three of my kids! Colt, you wont be able to keep up with production! Where can I Pre-Order?
-----------

Old 01-31-2010, 05:00 AM   #30

Liked 1465 Times on 819 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake
Case harden finish frame?? Faux Ivory stocks, how Patton! 1. Actually read they are supposed to be real elephant,still doesn't do it for me

Solid Long Smooth Faced Trigger, No Finger Relief Crescent Cuts to Frame behind the Trigger, GI Wide Spur Hammer, Short Spur on grip safety, Flat Main Spring Housing, Thin front sight, Small rear sight notch, Wood Double Diamond checkered grips, Lanyard Ring, Blued not Parkerized and shipped in a replica of the original box with wax paper wrapping! 2. Wouldnt this basically be a 1991A1 with different rollmarks, a cardboard box and no FP safety?

The only other improvement would be a upgrade to the common blueing. 3. Personally I would like to see the old rust bluing and maybe some small performance enhancements like opening up the ejection port a bit, and update the feed ramp for use with HP ammo

Produce them to market demand and stop production and the special serial numbering on 12/31/2011! 4. YES!

Price them at $999.99 and produce them with music wire springs and carbon steel parts. 5. Hell yes!

Feel free to produce any other limited edition, foo foo, gilded, scrolled, unobtanium, machined in space's zero gravity models you care to. I don't want one! 6. Me either
I will buy the canebrake Colts Centennial 1911 for myself and all three of my kids! Colt, you wont be able to keep up with production! 7. Where can I Pre-Order?
  1. Real elephant ivory is, IIRC, illegal here in the US, or is cost prohibitive!
  2. No, my list are the changes made in 1924 for the new M1911A1. There's no FPS on the M1911A1.
  3. I'll give you the old rust bluing thingie but no tuning! And there will be a purchase agreement you must sign when you buy the Centennial stating you will only shoot hardball through her!
  4. Cool
  5. Hella cool
  6. Cool
  7. Hella cool

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 01-31-2010 at 05:06 AM.