1911a1 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > 1911a1

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Rock on-------

__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,372
Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

here is my other High Standard 1911A1, its still original "except for the grips"

20121104_180314-1.jpg

__________________

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

MrWray is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
here is my other High Standard 1911A1, its still original "except for the grips"

Attachment 68193
hello Shawn! very classic looking 1911 there! very nice, very nice!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 64
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Thanks guys! Im not a Taurus hater, especially since i live in Brazil, so I try to support my country the most (harder each day, with corruption and all). Nice looking guns guys! Real nice..

__________________
PeterLuger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLuger View Post
Thanks guys! Im not a Taurus hater, especially since i live in Brazil, so I try to support my country the most (harder each day, with corruption and all). Nice looking guns guys! Real nice..
then Peter, you need to buy a Springfield Armory then! they too are made in Brazil!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,372
Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

hello Shawn! very classic looking 1911 there! very nice, very nice!
thank ya jonas :-)
__________________

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

MrWray is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 64
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

then Peter, you need to buy a Springfield Armory then! they too are made in Brazil!
I thought they were american, had no idea! They are probably the best thing Brazil produces anyway...
__________________
PeterLuger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:48 AM   #18
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLuger View Post
I thought they were american, had no idea! They are probably the best thing Brazil produces anyway...
Peter, IIRC, they are manufactered in Brazil and assembled and tuned in the USA. i know my current SA says made in Brazil-Imbel.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 64
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

Peter, IIRC, they are manufactered in Brazil and assembled and tuned in the USA. i know my current SA says made in Brazil-Imbel.
Huh, probably because Imbel is kind of the oficial law enforcement handgun producer here. I think that they are standard issue to most if not all LEOs.
__________________
PeterLuger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:19 AM   #20
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLuger View Post
Huh, probably because Imbel is kind of the oficial law enforcement handgun producer here. I think that they are standard issue to most if not all LEOs.
that i wouldn't know about. maybe someone else could elaborate and give some information on that.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Ithaca 1911A1 kenjoe45 1911 Forum 20 10-23-2011 03:44 AM
First 1911A1 mod ... ACRhino 1911 Forum 21 08-04-2011 10:14 PM
RIA 1911A1 Issues CA357 1911 Forum 28 02-25-2011 10:24 PM
Custom 1911a1? superskyxlr8 Semi-Auto Handguns 0 06-03-2010 07:55 PM
Taurus Pt 1911a1 Boris General Handgun Discussion 3 04-23-2008 12:39 AM