1911 vs Glock - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > 1911 vs Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 01:44 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Umm..I've never needed 17 round mags being I'll hit my target with the first three. That leaves me the rest of my 8 round mag and the other two 8 rounders in my pocket. If I need more ammo than that I got a bigger problem than not enough ammo. I've just stepped into some war zone. I have yet to own a 1911 that will not feed HP ammo reliably. And I'll wager all day long that I can draw a 1911 and hit my target..AT 25+ yards faster that many will with that way too heavy and way too long Glock trigger.

I've owned both and all I can say is my Glocks left me with the same feeling one has when they wake up next to the ugly girl after a night of hard drinking.

That will be the end of my posts in this thread. I don't like the swinging of cyber peckers much either. Like what you want. But there is no rational reasoning deny the 1911's reign of 100 years and it's still queen bitch at the dog show. There's plenty other designs that are cheaper to make other than the 1911. If the design was flawed I'm sure that the market would not be there at the level it is. No 1911 maker has near the Glock marketing dept.

When in the woods tracking down some poor defenseless animal I might be crawling around in God knows what. The 1911 on my hip I carry around in those situations have always worked fine.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:38 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Yeah, but capacity is limited with the 1911. Not only that, but you have to flick down the safety to use it and that takes precious time. Yeah...they don't even feed hollowpoints reliably! That's agreat thing when you need it! NGIB doesn't even carry his 1911 because of that!
So anyway, 1911's are super heavy too and an outdated design!

Glocks are Bad-A!, super reliable, high capacity, and would work underwater, in mud, in ice, in a whales stomach, on the sun, anywhere!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Umm..I've never needed 17 round mags being I'll hit my target with the first three. That leaves me the rest of my 8 round mag and the other two 8 rounders in my pocket. If I need more ammo than that I got a bigger problem than not enough ammo. I've just stepped into some war zone. I have yet to own a 1911 that will not feed HP ammo reliably. And I'll wager all day long that I can draw a 1911 and hit my target..AT 25+ yards faster that many will with that way too heavy and way too long Glock trigger.

I've owned both and all I can say is my Glocks left me with the same feeling one has when they wake up next to the ugly girl after a night of hard drinking.

That will be the end of my posts in this thread. I don't like the swinging of cyber peckers much either. Like what you want. But there is no rational reasoning deny the 1911's reign of 100 years and it's still queen bitch at the dog show. There's plenty other designs that are cheaper to make other than the 1911. If the design was flawed I'm sure that the market would not be there at the level it is. No 1911 maker has near the Glock marketing dept.

When in the woods tracking down some poor defenseless animal I might be crawling around in God knows what. The 1911 on my hip I carry around in those situations have always worked fine.
Okay, we have had one for Glock and 1 for 1911.
Let it end there please, I do not want this thread to be closed.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 04-22-2010, 04:48 AM   #13

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Here.........let me add a period to the END.

Wilson Combat KZ45 stainless.

Jack
And let me add the PS:

Colt XSE stainless

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-22-2010, 04:56 AM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Yeah, but capacity is limited with the 1911. Not only that, but you have to flick down the safety to use it and that takes precious time. Yeah...they don't even feed hollowpoints reliably! That's agreat thing when you need it! NGIB doesn't even carry his 1911 because of that!
So anyway, 1911's are super heavy too and an outdated design!

Glocks are Bad-A!, super reliable, high capacity, and would work underwater, in mud, in ice, in a whales stomach, on the sun, anywhere!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saviorslegacy View Post
Okay, we have had one for Glock and 1 for 1911.
Let it end there please, I do not want this thread to be closed.
Did you not see the Sarcasm, in a whales Stomach, on the sun, who's gonna test to prove that? LOL

Old 04-22-2010, 04:58 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Did you not see the Sarcasm, in a whales Stomach, on the sun, who's gonna test to prove that? LOL
My sarcasm was apparently lost in the abyss.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:59 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

For the record.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:12 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Another forum that I used to go to would call that baiting.
One would sarcastically comment in hopes to stir up an argument for their own amusement and if anyone got mad at them they would always say, "that was a joke dude, idiot."
Then again, there were a lot of teenagers and college students there. Not to hate my own kind, but they like causing trouble way to much......
Sorry if I jumped the gun.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

Old 04-22-2010, 05:20 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviorslegacy View Post
Another forum that I used to go to would call that baiting.
One would sarcastically comment in hopes to stir up an argument for their own amusement and if anyone got mad at them they would always say, "that was a joke dude, idiot."
Then again, there were a lot of teenagers and college students there. Not to hate my own kind, but they like causing trouble way to much......
Sorry if I jumped the gun.
I thought my post was purposefully and obviously sarcasm.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:35 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Glocks are like roaches...they're everywhere and piss-ants of all sorts can handle them but a 1911 is only used by real men (and women) and is like that of a Cobra, beautiful in its own way and will eat a roach alive for a tasty crunchy snack.

So I own both just to sit on the fence to watch everybody fight amungst themselves.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzai View Post
Glocks are like roaches...they're everywhere and piss-ants of all sorts can handle them but a 1911 is only used by real men (and women) and is like that of a Cobra, beautiful in its own way and will eat a roach alive for a tasty crunchy snack.

So I own both just to sit on the fence to watch everybody fight amungst themselves.
I will eventually get both as well.
My father is a disciple of John Moses Browning though. He adores his 1911 and thinks everything is a mere second. The only other hand gun that he likes if the M9. Mainly because he was forced to use it in the corps.

I believe one of the reasons why he likes the 1911 so much is the gun that he has is his grandfathers. Great grandpa how several weapons, and one of those was a WW2 Springfield sniper rifle. So I have my suspicions that the 1911 is a WW2 1911 because it looks exactly like a WW2 1911.
Over the years it started rusting so he parcerized it/whatever it is called. He then bought black grips for it.
The final product is a very black and a very badass pistol.
When father... *sniff* passes, that gun will be the one I ant. Along with his first rifle that has the date he received it and everything and the percussion rifle that his grandpa owned.