1911 Steel vs. Alloy Frame Commander - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > 1911 Steel vs. Alloy Frame Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 02:12 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

After lots of research on Colt 1911s,I figured out I would like one of each lol

I finally purchased a Colt 1911 Combat Commander xse,I decided to go with the steel frame on this purchase and in the near future maybe a LW Commander?

I almost bought a Colt Gold Cup Trophy which will definitely be the next Colt purchase,I've been struck hard by the 1911 addiction

Old 08-26-2013, 02:14 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5512 Times on 2879 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Welcome to the colt club!!

Picking up a lightweight colt commander tomorrow on a trade

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

MOshooter Likes This 
Old 08-26-2013, 02:33 AM   #13

Thanks Jon, Congrats on the LW!

Old 08-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #14

Waiting for a firearm has to be the longest wait!,except for child birth lol jkg.

I was given a tracking number to track the package,how many times a day do you think I check that??
I'm normally a patient person,but waiting on a new 1911 Colt,it feels like the Earth is revolving slower on this wait?? lol

Old 08-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
Waiting for a firearm has to be the longest wait!,except for child birth lol jkg.

I was given a tracking number to track the package,how many times a day do you think I check that??
I'm normally a patient person,but waiting on a new 1911 Colt,it feels like the Earth is revolving slower on this wait?? lol
Pretty much.

We got that stupid waiting period here. At least we have a semi reasonable reason why. In the recent past pre1980 folks that beat their children and wives mostly to death in a habitual manner were listed as disturbing the peace on wisconsin crime reports. Even if they spent time in jail. So the wisconsin legislature gave the state 2days to determine the actual cause of any handgun holds.

I don't agree with it but the basis has some merit and some reasoning. But if it wasn't charged as a felony by the libtard courts why are the rest of us paying for it.

Anyway put up some pics When you get it!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Pretty much.

We got that stupid waiting period here. At least we have a semi reasonable reason why. In the recent past pre1980 folks that beat their children and wives mostly to death in a habitual manner were listed as disturbing the peace on wisconsin crime reports. Even if they spent time in jail. So the wisconsin legislature gave the state 2days to determine the actual cause of any handgun holds.

I don't agree with it but the basis has some merit and some reasoning. But if it wasn't charged as a felony by the libtard courts why are the rest of us paying for it.

Anyway put up some pics When you get it!!
Jon,
It a shame some of the hoops we have to jump through for others mistakes?.

Here in MO. we no longer have a waiting period on handguns,years ago in the 90's we had a waiting period where we had to fill out a registration with our local law enforcement and pass a back ground check before we could actually buy a handgun. Now with the national back ground check,we can simply walk in pass the back ground check and walk out with the handgun at that moment. I like that

I purchased the Colt in PA. on GB and have been tracking the package,looks like it shipped through Kansas City KS. this morning,about 130 miles from here,so I probably won't be getting the pistol until Tues.?
I would've really liked to had it for Labor Day weekend,oh well i've been waiting this long,what's another day or two.

As soon as she comes in and I get her cleaned and polished i'll post some pics along with a range report.

Let us know how your Colt LW Commander's shooting,she looked like a really nice pistol.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:40 AM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

In general, I agree with the other comments, alloy for carry. But, I traded my Ultra CDP for a SA EMP40. The compact steel frame just feels right. And it is comfortable everyday in IWB (Milt Sparks).

Old 08-31-2013, 02:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by connectegr View Post
In general, I agree with the other comments, alloy for carry. But, I traded my Ultra CDP for a SA EMP40. The compact steel frame just feels right. And it is comfortable everyday in IWB (Milt Sparks).
I went back and forth with the steel/alloy frame decision and originally was going alloy,actually looking at the Colt LW Commander xse pistol.
When I found a Colt Combat Commander at a price I couldn't walk away from,one day I hope to purchase a LW Commander.
But for now will pack the extra 6 ounce difference.

Old 08-31-2013, 04:19 AM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

was yours new as in one of the xse colts or an older one without the new colt throating??

Old 08-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
was yours new as in one of the xse colts or an older one without the new colt throating??
Jon the Colt Combat Commander xse I purchased is the newer model,as far as colts new throating with the dimple? Not sure?
This is new information to me,not sure about the pros and cons on colts new throating. From what little I read it's supposed to help feed aggressively designed JHPs. better?