Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > 1911 rails

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 01:54 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4514 Times on 2373 Posts
Likes Given: 258

some people think its cool. nothing wrong with that. just giving him options so when the coolness wears off he wont have messed his gun up beyound repair.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-19-2011, 02:01 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 895 Times on 534 Posts
Likes Given: 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
So you want a show piece? Any real shooter wants a shooter, not a Tactical POS. I call BS here. Another Mall ninja.
I chose my 1911 with a rail because.... I liked the look of it better than one without, now I appreciate both and need a second one. What's the problem with that?

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-19-2011, 02:06 AM   #13

Yeah the 1911 operator is awesome!

Old 07-19-2011, 02:26 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
So you want a show piece? Any real shooter wants a shooter, not a Tactical POS. I call BS here. Another Mall ninja.
JP, leave that man alone and let him have what he wants. Not everyone wants to shoot a nondescript piece of metal. Some people have style and want it to show.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 07-19-2011, 03:25 AM   #15

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 43

The OP asked a very simple question.

The rudeness of the responses amazes me.

AZ, Brownells sells steel or aluminum rails that can be screwed to the dustcover, or brazed in place. Here is the Novak.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 07-19-2011, 06:48 AM   #16

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

To Jon, yunus, and m14 thanks for the imput and anything I say rude is not meant to you.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:36 AM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I'll just keep it with out rails and just be happy with my mc operator. I'm gonna have some other things done to my loaded A1, like a carry bevel, debur the inside of it, cerakote it, and get new sights and trigger for it.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #18
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2299 Times on 1372 Posts
Likes Given: 1066

Az, The only problem I have with rails is getting a holster when I want to carry for SD.

I am a minimalist of my carry firearms. I would rather have one that works for me. My range handguns are also the ones I carry (practice, practice, practice).

(Hey, aren't you the one who started the MC Operator thread? The picture shows a 1911 with a rail attachment already on.)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Last edited by danf_fl; 07-19-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:49 AM   #19

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Yes I am, but I also have a Springfield 1911 A1 loaded. I saw a trp operator and wanted a full rail on my A1.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #20

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
Az, The only problem I have with rails is getting a holster when I want to carry for SD.

I am a minimalist of my carry firearms. I would rather have one that works for me. My range handguns are also the ones I carry (practice, practice, practice).

(Hey, aren't you the one who started the MC Operator thread? The picture shows a 1911 with a rail attachment already on.)
The only real good holsters for railed pistol are nylon, kydex(spell check), or some polymer. I carry a Glock 23 2nd gen with rails, and it carries the best and most comfy. I use a uncle mikes soft inside pants or leather belt slide bianci auto retention. The polymers are too hard and bulky