1911 project underway :D - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > 1911 project underway :D

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 05:32 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

i've been told since i have an aluminum frame i can't do hot melts and all the edges have been taken care of already...just need a finish lol...so far Flint Rock is the only one i've heard have a bad experince with the sprays....anyone? let me know good or bad experinces you;ve had with Aluma-Hyde II and CeraKote specifically please since those are the 2 products i am considering using

"Gun bans disarm victims, putting them at the mercy of murderers or terrorists who think nothing of breaking the gun laws."

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws have guns"

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” - Sigmund Freud

"The 2nd Amendment...Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them!"

Old 06-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #22

ok i can't hold back any longer...i'm posting some pics lol...like i said the gun still needs some finish...and the slide needs to get hard chromed...but this is what it looks like as of now

2010-06-17-15.49.26.jpg   2010-06-17-15.49.46.jpg   2010-06-17-15.50.32.jpg   2010-06-17-15.50.49.jpg  

"Gun bans disarm victims, putting them at the mercy of murderers or terrorists who think nothing of breaking the gun laws."

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” - Sigmund Freud

"The 2nd Amendment...Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them!"

Old 06-18-2010, 01:38 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Ahttp://www.clarkcustomguns.com/meltdown.htm
A carry "melt" doesn't require heat. The gun just looks like it has been heated and melted. Files and sand paper along all the edges. You can tone down the edges, which is now typical, or you can push things to the edge for a true "custom" look.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:32 AM   #24

yeah did that with this one...gave it a niice aggressive carry bevel along the slide, and same with the mag well, chopped the back of the slide stop that goes through the barrel lug and beveled the hole it comes outta...gave a slight bevel to the hole where the mag release button is, chopped alil off the top of the thumb safety, blended the back of the slide and frame and extractor, blending the beavertail and the dovetail to the frame niicely...all n all i think it came out great...just need to put the finish on it

Old 06-18-2010, 07:13 AM   #25
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2893 Times on 1668 Posts
Likes Given: 1239

Follow instructions on which ever coating you decide to put on. My long term test of "GunKote" started about 4 years ago on kitchen cabinet knobs. Still no flaking, fading, cracking, etc... But follow the instructions, exactly.
Nice looking piece by the way!

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-18-2010, 07:27 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Follow instructions on which ever coating you decide to put on. My long term test of "GunKote" started about 4 years ago on kitchen cabinet knobs. Still no flaking, fading, cracking, etc... But follow the instructions, exactly.
Nice looking piece by the way!
oooh most definitaly...no way no how i intend to try and cheap or cut corners with something like this lol and thanks...i'm quite happy with it myself sofar...just really impatient about getting what i need to do the finish and about finding someone that can hard chrome the slide lol but it's actually all coming together alot faster then i ever thought it would and alot better then i imagined

Old 09-24-2010, 05:57 PM   #27

Default Completed :d

here are a few pics of the completed Champion...i ended up going with CeraKote for the frame and used a stainless DuraCote for the slide and extractor

img_20100914_163651.jpg   img_20100924_134230.jpg   img_20100924_135458.jpg  

Old 09-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Looks like you did a great job there!

Old 09-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Looks like you did a great job there!
thanks i'm happy with it...now i'm just waiting to be able to take it back out to the range and make sure it still works just as good as before i started working on it lol

Old 09-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Very nice indeed.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams