1911 project underway :D
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > 1911 project underway :D

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 06:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 1911 project underway :D

well it's finally started...i'm excited...it's gonna be a long process but it's started out good so far...starting with the champion and made my neranco my carry gun for now until the champion is complete...but here's some update pics

the bobtail started out blued but after fitting...it looks stainless but it's gonna get reblued and the frame and slide are gonna get anodized...beveling the edges of the slide and the magwell...and alot of other lil odds and ends...but i'll keep posting pics as i progress on the gun

2010-06-06-12.50.59.jpg   2010-06-06-17.56.20-1.jpg   2010-06-06-12.51.15.jpg   2010-06-06-17.56.29.jpg  

"Gun bans disarm victims, putting them at the mercy of murderers or terrorists who think nothing of breaking the gun laws."

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws have guns"

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” - Sigmund Freud

"The 2nd Amendment...Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them!"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-07-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Cool. Keep us in the loop.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-07-2010, 06:37 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 237 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 517

very cool!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 06-07-2010, 06:44 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Good stuff. Will be nice to see the finished product.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:58 AM   #5

thanks you guys...it's always niice to know there's others that are just as excited as me...there's more i'm gonna go to it but it's just hard for me to explain so i'm gonna let the pics do the talking for me as i get around to doing the work...the hard part is finding a company around here that does aluminum anodizing to refisin the frame and slide lol

"Gun bans disarm victims, putting them at the mercy of murderers or terrorists who think nothing of breaking the gun laws."

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” - Sigmund Freud

"The 2nd Amendment...Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them!"

Old 06-15-2010, 06:18 AM   #6

ok need alil hand from the va locals...and maybe even nc if need be lol...right now all the main/major pieces that need it are getting beadblasted and ready for the final stage...this is where i'm running into a problem...i can't find a single place here locally that does aluminum anodizing...can anyone help me out? any locals know anyone around here that can do that in the virginia beach, norfolk, chesapeake, suffolk, hampton, newport news...heck even richmond area that does aluminum anodizing...if not...anyone know anyplace between chesapeake and jacksonville nc that does? lol...i know a place but its in oregon and i'm really tryin to stay away from mailing stuff i'd like to keep it all local and actually be able to meet and talk with whoever is doing it...if anyone can point me in the right direction i'd be grateful

Old 06-15-2010, 06:21 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'm on the wrong coast to help you out.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-15-2010, 06:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I'm on the wrong coast to help you out.
lol it's all good...i know if i were on that side of the island you;d be able to help me out i'm just really excited that this is all actually happeneing and coming together...alot easier and faster then i honestly thought it would....i mean my grips arrived almost 2 weeks early lol everything has been fitted niicely...the frame, slide, slide stop, thumb safety, beavertail safety, mainspring housing and the extractor (well back of) are being beadblasted right now...those should be ready for pick up tomorrow...and then it all just needs to be anodized...and i wanna post update pics soooo bad but i really wanna keep it a surprise lol you know?

Old 06-15-2010, 07:54 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I'm getting my pro carry 2 bobtailed. I am I am!!

Nice work so far.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #10
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3059 Times on 1759 Posts
Likes Given: 1307

Have you considered using a spray (from Brownells) that may be of the color you want? They have some specifically for aluminium.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)