Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   1911 project underway :D (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/1911-project-underway-d-28022/)

unknownhero82 06-07-2010 05:04 AM

1911 project underway :D

4 Attachment(s)
well it's finally started...i'm excited...it's gonna be a long process but it's started out good so far...starting with the champion and made my neranco my carry gun for now until the champion is complete...but here's some update pics

the bobtail started out blued but after fitting...it looks stainless but it's gonna get reblued and the frame and slide are gonna get anodized...beveling the edges of the slide and the magwell...and alot of other lil odds and ends...but i'll keep posting pics as i progress on the gun :)

CA357 06-07-2010 05:12 AM

Cool. Keep us in the loop. :cool:

colmustard 06-07-2010 05:37 AM

very cool!

doctherock 06-07-2010 05:44 AM

Good stuff. Will be nice to see the finished product.

unknownhero82 06-07-2010 05:58 AM

thanks you guys...it's always niice to know there's others that are just as excited as me...there's more i'm gonna go to it but it's just hard for me to explain so i'm gonna let the pics do the talking for me as i get around to doing the work...the hard part is finding a company around here that does aluminum anodizing to refisin the frame and slide lol

unknownhero82 06-15-2010 05:18 AM

ok need alil hand from the va locals...and maybe even nc if need be lol...right now all the main/major pieces that need it are getting beadblasted and ready for the final stage...this is where i'm running into a problem...i can't find a single place here locally that does aluminum anodizing...can anyone help me out? any locals know anyone around here that can do that in the virginia beach, norfolk, chesapeake, suffolk, hampton, newport news...heck even richmond area that does aluminum anodizing...if not...anyone know anyplace between chesapeake and jacksonville nc that does? lol...i know a place but its in oregon and i'm really tryin to stay away from mailing stuff i'd like to keep it all local and actually be able to meet and talk with whoever is doing it...if anyone can point me in the right direction i'd be grateful :)

CA357 06-15-2010 05:21 AM

I'm on the wrong coast to help you out. :o

unknownhero82 06-15-2010 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 300146)
I'm on the wrong coast to help you out. :o

lol it's all good...i know if i were on that side of the island you;d be able to help me out :) i'm just really excited that this is all actually happeneing and coming together...alot easier and faster then i honestly thought it would....i mean my grips arrived almost 2 weeks early lol everything has been fitted niicely...the frame, slide, slide stop, thumb safety, beavertail safety, mainspring housing and the extractor (well back of) are being beadblasted right now...those should be ready for pick up tomorrow...and then it all just needs to be anodized...and i wanna post update pics soooo bad but i really wanna keep it a surprise lol you know?

Gojubrian 06-15-2010 06:54 AM

I'm getting my pro carry 2 bobtailed. I am I am!! :D

Nice work so far.

danf_fl 06-15-2010 08:23 AM

Have you considered using a spray (from Brownells) that may be of the color you want? They have some specifically for aluminium.