1911 picture time - Page 42
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > 1911 picture time

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 01:40 AM   #411
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

I want this..
That is awesome!
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:58 AM   #412
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somewhere between you and nowhere...
Posts: 1,471
Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA

That is awesome!
Never been the type to have shelf or garage queens but that's one gun I'd shelf queen..
__________________
Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.
deadsp0t is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:16 AM   #413
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Never been the type to have shelf or garage queens but that's one gun I'd shelf queen..
Do you know who makes it or is it a one of a kind?
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:30 AM   #414
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somewhere between you and nowhere...
Posts: 1,471
Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA

Do you know who makes it or is it a one of a kind?
No idea at all, in all honesty I picked the picture up from FaceBag, I mean Facebook
__________________
Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.
deadsp0t is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:39 AM   #415
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Do you know who makes it or is it a one of a kind?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
No idea at all, in all honesty I picked the picture up from FaceBag, I mean Facebook
looks to be a Colt. many companies make licensed commoratives of Colt's 1911. i have seen several that are advertised in American Rifleman done by different companies. many of them are limited editions with a set number made. some of them are tribute guns, to honor or remember a certain time or group of people.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:43 AM   #416
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

looks to be a Colt. many companies make licensed commoratives of Colt's 1911. i have seen several that are advertised in American Rifleman done by different companies. many of them are limited editions with a set number made. some of them are tribute guns, to honor or remember a certain time or group of people.
I've seen other limited edition Colts like that, it would be really cool to have one, now that my friend is a BBQ gun.
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:49 AM   #417
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
I've seen other limited edition Colts like that, it would be really cool to have one, now that my friend is a BBQ gun.
these are not limited editions by Colt. the pistols themselves before the modifications are for the most part very common and ordinary Colt 1911's. the limited edition part comes from the gold plating, the engraving and special grips. this is not done by colt, but by a seperate company. they only make a limited amount of numbered psitols. these are meant for collectors, not enthuiasts. yes they are working and fully functional pistols, but are really not meant to shoot but to collect or display. shooting them would probably lower the value of them.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:13 AM   #418
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

these are not limited editions by Colt. the pistols themselves before the modifications are for the most part very common and ordinary Colt 1911's. the limited edition part comes from the gold plating, the engraving and special grips. this is not done by colt, but by a seperate company. they only make a limited amount of numbered psitols. these are meant for collectors, not enthuiasts. yes they are working and fully functional pistols, but are really not meant to shoot but to collect or display. shooting them would probably lower the value of them.
OK, Colt just makes them and they send them off to be embellished, like the David Riccardo edition.
image-3284923406.jpg  
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:21 AM   #419
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
OK, Colt just makes them and they send them off to be embellished, like the David Riccardo edition.
no these are not in any way associated with Colt. they are Colt pistols, but are bought in sequential lots of a certain number, then they either have engravers or platers do the work or have it done. the only part that's Colt is the pistol itself. one of the companies is America Remembers another is the Bradford Exchange. check them out.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #420
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

no these are not in any way associated with Colt. they are Colt pistols, but are bought in sequential lots of a certain number, then they either have engravers or platers do the work or have it done. the only part that's Colt is the pistol itself. one of the companies is America Remembers another is the Bradford Exchange. check them out.
Do you think they would do custom stuff, or do they only do those types of things, I would love to have something like that- I want to get a dust cover that has gold plated "LIVE FREE" on one side and "MOLON LABE" on the other.
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
shot 1911 today for 1st time phildenton 1911 Forum 23 04-18-2012 03:42 PM
Range Time with Rock Island Armory 1911 A1 FS Bigcountry02 Range Report 3 03-20-2012 03:52 PM
It's Nearly 1911 Time. FCross7 1911 Forum 7 02-06-2011 11:52 PM
Picture for you all Yunus The Club House 21 01-20-2011 05:37 PM



Newest Threads