1911 picture time - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > 1911 picture time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTX39

Lol nice mods. Have not had a chance to mess with mines yet being less than a week old. But mine will have second amendment wood grips with "America, F**k Yeah" engraved right side of slide & mirror finnish polish on sides of frame & slide. Gotta love it.
America F@#K yeah comin again to save the mother f**kin day yeah!!!

Old 07-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #92

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Just learning to add pictures, so here's a couple of Dan Wessons.

dw-pm-9.jpg   dw-ii.jpg  
Old 07-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #93

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Para Ordnance P14-45

Old 07-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #94

Liked 761 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 274

Traded a holster for this little plinker today at the show.

Chiappa Puma 1911-22

dhcustomwork.com
/ dhcustomwork@gmail.com

Old 07-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #95
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBaller71 View Post
Traded a holster for this little plinker today at the show.

Chiappa Puma 1911-22
nice trade there Dave! i see you got someone to put some custom grips on it for you!

Old 07-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #96

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTX39 View Post
I don't think mines has 100 yet lol maybe 70-80 & mostly reloads. The trigger pull is sweet though. I'm used to Glock but always wanted a 1911. Still getting used to it but it dumps shell casings right in my face. Only thing I don't like about it.
Are you a left hand shooter?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-22-2012, 10:12 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Are you a left hand shooter?
Cane, i have the same pistol and i know i'm not left handed and mine does the same thing sometimes. ejecting the spent shell to hit me in the head or face. i would definately like to find a cure for it, as it is aggravating!

Old 07-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #98

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Cane, i have the same pistol and i know i'm not left handed and mine does the same thing sometimes. ejecting the spent shell to hit me in the head or face. i would definately like to find a cure for it, as it is aggravating!
Being a right-hand strong-side shooter I'd bet your extractor is applying too much pressure holding the spent case tight against the breech face.

From a previous post:

My guess is that it's an extractor issue. Unless you have done something destructive to the ejector they seldom "go bad". If they do, you can pretty much verify with a simple visual inspection. If the ejector is bent, or has a witness mark it's bad.

After the visual ejector inspection eliminates it as the issue, the next check is to see if the firing pin stop is doing it's job of indexing the extractor. What'd he say? The FPS should hold the extractor in place and prevent it from clocking (wriggling/twisting).
Remove the slide from the receiver and remove the barrel. Using your fingernail or other NON-destructive tool, see if you can rotate the extractor. If you can induce rotational movement you have more-than-likely found your problem. The fix is a new, over-sized FPS and the skilz to properly install it. If you do not possess this talent don't waste your time and money, have a Smith do the job.
If the extractor is properly indexed (doesn't rotate) move on to the next test.
With the gun's slide in your weak side hand, take a live 230gr ball round with your strong side hand and slide it up the breech face centering it on the breech as it would be when at battery. This positions the round with the extractor claw on the center line of the round. This is the same process the round goes through as it's stripped from the mag and chambered.
  • If this procedure is difficult to do (hard to get the round's rim into the extractor's claw), the extractor tension is too great. Hold that thought.
  • If you get the round captured with little to no difficulty, gingerly (subjective) shake the slide in multiple directions. If it comes loose, the extractor tension is too light. Hold that thought.
The round should remain captured by the claw. If it remains you passed the test. If not, your extractor needs tuned. (See slilz reference above.)

With your problem of in-your-face brass, my guess is that your extractor pressure is too great.

Given enough time and talent you can tune your extractor to beer-pong the spent brass into a dump bag impressing small children and large pets.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #99

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Thats an interesting suppressor
SilencerCo .45 Osprey. The pinnacle of current suppressor technology.

http://www.silencerco.com/?section=Products&page=Osprey

Old 07-23-2012, 02:06 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Being a right-hand strong-side shooter I'd bet your extractor is applying too much pressure holding the spent case tight against the breech face.

From a previous post:

My guess is that it's an extractor issue. Unless you have done something destructive to the ejector they seldom "go bad". If they do, you can pretty much verify with a simple visual inspection. If the ejector is bent, or has a witness mark it's bad.

After the visual ejector inspection eliminates it as the issue, the next check is to see if the firing pin stop is doing it's job of indexing the extractor. What'd he say? The FPS should hold the extractor in place and prevent it from clocking (wriggling/twisting).
Remove the slide from the receiver and remove the barrel. Using your fingernail or other NON-destructive tool, see if you can rotate the extractor. If you can induce rotational movement you have more-than-likely found your problem. The fix is a new, over-sized FPS and the skilz to properly install it. If you do not possess this talent don't waste your time and money, have a Smith do the job.
If the extractor is properly indexed (doesn't rotate) move on to the next test.
With the gun's slide in your weak side hand, take a live 230gr ball round with your strong side hand and slide it up the breech face centering it on the breech as it would be when at battery. This positions the round with the extractor claw on the center line of the round. This is the same process the round goes through as it's stripped from the mag and chambered.
  • If this procedure is difficult to do (hard to get the round's rim into the extractor's claw), the extractor tension is too great. Hold that thought.
  • If you get the round captured with little to no difficulty, gingerly (subjective) shake the slide in multiple directions. If it comes loose, the extractor tension is too light. Hold that thought.
The round should remain captured by the claw. If it remains you passed the test. If not, your extractor needs tuned. (See slilz reference above.)

With your problem of in-your-face brass, my guess is that your extractor pressure is too great.

Given enough time and talent you can tune your extractor to beer-pong the spent brass into a dump bag impressing small children and large pets.
Cane following your directions here is what i found:

1) the ejector is not bent and has no witness marks.
2) there is no rotational movement in the extractor and the FPS is tight.
3) the extractor seems loose as the shell when captured, (in battery) is very loose as when shook falls out after a couple of shakes. (too light)

it does throw the rounds at or about the face or head when shot, not every spent case, but at least every 3-4 rounds.