Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > 1911 Love

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 06:20 PM   #11
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2664 Times on 1551 Posts
Likes Given: 1182

I did some work on my DE I used in competition (AFTER I learned the ins and outs of trigger adjustments). Most tricks will work on almost any true 1911 (I have not tried the Para LDA).

Good Luck.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 10-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I have a Kimber CDP ProCarry and I love it. Out of my handgun arsenal, I tend to shoot better with my Kimber. I've had it for almost twelve years now and it shoots just as well as it did when I first took it out of the box.
It is also my prefered carry weapon, loaded with Hornady 200gr. TAP.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 10-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Choosing a 1911 based on simplicity of the disassembly and perceived trigger pull is a strange way to shop for a Firearm. Once you learn to disassemble your gun, it easy to do it again. Most good quality, brand name, 1911's will have a decent trigger pull in the 4-6 lb range and will be more accurate than the person shooting it.

1) Establish a budget. 2) Read all you can on the Forum and the Internet about 1911's and their different features, educate yourself. 3) Decide what features you want, and do not want, for example; full length guide rod, 2 piece guide rod, or not. Bull barrel or barrel with bushing ? Tiny WWII sights or modern tactical sights ? Plain, dot, or night sights ? Enhanced features like lowered flared ejections port, beaver-tail grip safety or not. Do you want a cast, forged, stainless, or aluminum frame ?

It is usually cheaper to purchase the features you want than to try an add them on after you already own the gun. Some enhanced parts are easily installed and others require modifications to the firearm and/or a gunsmith to install them.

Last edited by 1911Jeeper; 10-18-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:02 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

the thing about kimber is that their different models are different personal prefrences and some models like my 4" CDP have been to the custom shop for a little while and just work get together. kimber is the best manufactered 1911 you can buy from what i have seen and heard. i have only shot a few kimbers 4", 5" and a wilson combat 5" for 1911s so i my opinon may be a little swayed. i would like to shot a colt or something else just havent

and the little tool doesnt make me the happiest either. and on my you can get the weapon apart but you can not get the cocking rod or the barrel out if you do not use the tool. so you really can not even clean it. and i do belive that the tolerances on the kimbers are tight and should be cleaned often.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #15

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts

I've got a 4"Kimber Custom,and a 5" TLE,both very fine shooters,the Custom being my favorite.Also have a new Remmington and a RIA in 38super.I just love 1911s' and don't consider any disassembly a problem cause that means I've been shooting them!The 43 Remmington Rand is a bit too finiky to shoot regularly but still a blast from the past!