1911 Holster - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > 1911 Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 929 Times on 494 Posts
Likes Given: 674

Congrats!!! You made a great choice. That will last you a lifetime and then some. Just remember ya need a good belt to go along with that.

USMC 74-78

Old 10-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #72

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
Congrats!!! You made a great choice. That will last you a lifetime and then some. Just remember ya need a good belt to go along with that.
Thanks Limbkiller, From what i've seen and heard a Milt Sparks should last a long time,I'm looking for the belt next.

I just hope the rig works out? I had a couple back vertebrates fused and haven't worn a belt since?,I guess there's only one way to find out

Thanks again!

Old 10-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #73
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4733 Times on 1608 Posts
Likes Given: 1445

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
Thanks Limbkiller, From what i've seen and heard a Milt Sparks should last a long time,I'm looking for the belt next.

I just hope the rig works out? I had a couple back vertebrates fused and haven't worn a belt since?,I guess there's only one way to find out

Thanks again!
I have one each (brown) and (black) of these Crossbreed belts for a little over a year now and wear one or the other every day.
They both are exceptonally sturdy and hold up a gun very well.
You might want to consider one.

link

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/GunBelts.aspx#dd-gun-belts

NSDQ

MOshooter Likes This 
Old 10-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango View Post
I have one each (brown) and (black) of these Crossbreed belts for a little over a year now and wear one or the other every day.
They both are exceptonally sturdy and hold up a gun very well.
You might want to consider one.

link

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/GunBelts.aspx#dd-gun-belts

Threetango Thanks for the suggestion and the link.
I have been looking at crossbreed holsters also and didn't realize they also sold belts? They look like a great belt at a very good price.

Thanks again!

Old 10-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #75

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
To get a good holster you will have to spend some money. $100+. Anything else will not work just the way it is. There is a reason they cost money, they are worth it.

Exodus and milt sparks are GREAT IWB holsters.
Have to strongly disagree. I've tried probably 8 different holsters by now and I keep going back to the N82 Tactical. And if you buy the cheaper ones with elastic instead of Kydex, they will fit a several different guns. My PX4 compact, 4" Kimber, and Sig P938 all fit in the same holster quite well. The suede backing on them is very comfortable and helps hold the gun in place.

I do want to try a Galco V-Hawk though. I've heard very good things about them.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bntyhntr6975 View Post
No, I am complaining of their lack of communication. You can take it how you want, but its not 'nothing' to me.
Just passing along the experience, for what its worth.

Oh, and its 'were', not 'where'. You were complaining....you where complaining.
I hear ya man. That would irritate me too. I like to know when my item is coming. Don't say you're gonna tell me when it ships if you're not gonna tell me. I'm away from home a lot and I need to schedule my shipments. Plus I'm just impatient in general, but if I know something is gonna take extra time, then fine.

I got some great grips from Larry Davidson, but I'm getting frustrated trying to order another set. Takes him days to answer email, and I usually have to send 2 to get a response. I'm sure he's busy but I wanted to order over a week ago. If you're that busy hire some help.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #77

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_CCW
Have to strongly disagree. I've tried probably 8 different holsters by now and I keep going back to the N82 Tactical. And if you buy the cheaper ones with elastic instead of Kydex, they will fit a several different guns. My PX4 compact, 4" Kimber, and Sig P938 all fit in the same holster quite well. The suede backing on them is very comfortable and helps hold the gun in place. I do want to try a Galco V-Hawk though. I've heard very good things about them.
That leather better be made from the last sacred cow's hide from India. $124.00? But seriously, I do wonder if the quality is worth that kind of money.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #78

Today my Milt Sparks Nexus holster came in the mail.
I'm very impressed with the build quality of the Nexus,I also like the 25 degree forward cant of the Nexus,and it fits my Colt combat commander like a glove!

I've been wearing it all afternoon and this holster is very comfortable,and at the same time it really pulls the pistol in tight next to your body making the 1911 disappear under minimal clothes.

I think I found a winner for a 1911 IWB holster with the Milt Sparks Nexus,now I just need to find a better OWB holster that will work with the commander and gold cup.

Thanks again for all the helpful input and great suggestions for 1911 holsters

Old 11-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022 View Post
That leather better be made from the last sacred cow's hide from India. $124.00? But seriously, I do wonder if the quality is worth that kind of money.
You haven't shopped for holsters very much. The V-Hawk is equivalent to the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 or Nexus, which are about the same price (I thought I remembered Milt Sparks being much higher). Other companies make similar holsters that are closer to $200.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #80

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_CCW
You haven't shopped for holsters very much. The V-Hawk is equivalent to the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 or Nexus, which are about the same price (I thought I remembered Milt Sparks being much higher). Other companies make similar holsters that are closer to $200.
Sure have and that statement goes for all of them.