Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   1911 Holster (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/1911-holster-84643/)

deadsp0t 02-20-2013 01:03 AM

Ok, this may generally fall under a general handgun section but I want to ask the 1911 guys about favored holsters for their 1911's.

My 1911 is a Kimber Ultra CDP, it is a series 1 gun so it has a little age but it's spent a good portion of its life in a safe. It's my EDC and I don't always CC some times I open carry. I'm looking for a holster that will not only wear good but protect my gun as well. I've been looking at some on Kimbers web site. I'd love to hear and see what you guys are using and such any advise you guys may have. I'm not above spending $$ on a good product. Thanks in advance

Olympus 02-20-2013 03:23 AM

If you want a quality holster, then you HAVE to go with a custom maker. For the 1911, my opinion is that there is no one better than Steven Kelley at Kelley Gun Leather. I had him make a custom C-Flex model for me and it's easily the best custom holster I've ever had. And I have several customer holsters. Probably by next favorite maker would be Eric Adams at Adams Leather Works. I've had him do a matching holster and gun belt combo and it's also extremely nice. The biggest plus for him is that he does not typically have too long of a lead time.

But there are really TONS of good custom holster makers out there. Those are just the ones that I've been extremely impressed with.

deadsp0t 02-20-2013 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympus
If you want a quality holster, then you HAVE to go with a custom maker. For the 1911, my opinion is that there is no one better than Steven Kelley at Kelley Gun Leather. I had him make a custom C-Flex model for me and it's easily the best custom holster I've ever had. And I have several customer holsters. Probably by next favorite maker would be Eric Adams at Adams Leather Works. I've had him do a matching holster and gun belt combo and it's also extremely nice. The biggest plus for him is that he does not typically have too long of a lead time.

But there are really TONS of good custom holster makers out there. Those are just the ones that I've been extremely impressed with.

This is probably a dumb question but they jut need to know the make and model of my gun right? Not the actual gun..? :eek:

Olympus 02-20-2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadsp0t (Post 1145134)

This is probably a dumb question but they jut need to know the make and model of my gun right? Not the actual gun..? :eek:

If you're talking just 1911s, then they just need to know the barrel length. 5", 4/4.25", or 3.5"

deadsp0t 02-20-2013 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympus

If you're talking just 1911s, then they just need to know the barrel length. 5", 4/4.25", or 3.5"

Sweet, I'll Google those names in the morning and see what I can find! Thanks!

brngiese 02-20-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Sweet, I'll Google those names in the morning and see what I can find! Thanks!

Check out galco

deadsp0t 02-20-2013 09:15 PM

http://store.kimberamerica.com/Products/tabid/67/CategoryID/9/ProductID/1584/PageIndex/2/Default.aspx

This is a Galco on Kimbers website, think I wanna go with something like this.. From other options and brands I've seen the price seems fair

Stillersfan 02-20-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadsp0t (Post 1144860)
Ok, this may generally fall under a general handgun section but I want to ask the 1911 guys about favored holsters for their 1911's.

My 1911 is a Kimber Ultra CDP, it is a series 1 gun so it has a little age but it's spent a good portion of its life in a safe. It's my EDC and I don't always CC some times I open carry. I'm looking for a holster that will not only wear good but protect my gun as well. I've been looking at some on Kimbers web site. I'd love to hear and see what you guys are using and such any advise you guys may have. I'm not above spending $$ on a good product. Thanks in advance


Galco Royal Guard rocks dude... I carry my Kimber Ultra Carry II in one.

sc00ts 02-20-2013 09:39 PM

I'm still waiting on the crossbreed supertuck I ordered over a month ago. I've heard great things about them. I considered a Minotaur MTAC because of the ability to change shells for other pistols. I read a lot of great reviews on that one as well.

broke-again124 02-21-2013 01:44 PM

Crossbreed super tuck. Hand made. AWESOME holster. I have 3 for my three differing carry pieces. I don't know what else you could ask for. Other than beauty, as a super tuck isn't really that pretty. Lol.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:22 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.