You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

1911 Customization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9219 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch
Are Kimbers the best for customizing? Or some other make? I want a manufacture that is most compatible with upgrades. I wanna do it right and not get 1/2 way thru and wish I went with another brand.
Kimber has been known to void the warranty for simply changing the grips. They have a cult following somehow. Their customer service is known by many as some of the worst in the world (other's opinions, I don't have a Kimber), they only warranty their products for a year, and REQUIRE a 500 round "break in", before they will even deign to speak on the phone about warranty work. One of the ONLY manufacturers to have those "quirks". Otherwise, a lot of people swear by them.

I think though, if your looking for compatibility of parts, Colt may be your best bet. They ARE the original, the ones everyone else bases their product on.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #52

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Kimber has been known to void the warranty for simply changing the grips. They have a cult following somehow. Their customer service is known by many as some of the worst in the world (other's opinions, I don't have a Kimber), they only warranty their products for a year, and REQUIRE a 500 round "break in", before they will even deign to speak on the phone about warranty work. One of the ONLY manufacturers to have those "quirks". Otherwise, a lot of people swear by them.

I think though, if your looking for compatibility of parts, Colt may be your best bet. They ARE the original, the ones everyone else bases their product on.
Ive personally talked to kimbers CS a couple of times. The conversation about any problem is, "you havent properly broke the gun in", " you are holding the gun in-properly", and "its the ammo". kimber does put out a functioning gun every once in a while, and if you have one CONGRATS, but the company makes it "obvious" that they dont care about the customers. I really believe that is why their QC is so poor, they sacrifice quality for quantity.Their slogan should be "GET THAT MONEY", cause thats all they care about.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #53

Liked 248 Times on 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

I own a colt xse and i love it. I own a sig as well and love it too, but theres deffinatly something about a colt that makes it diffrent. Good craftsmanship and quality. When u shoot a colt tou know its a colt. There putting quality back into the name. When i shot my colt it felt diffrent than my sig, like it had more power. I seen a ring caused by the velocity and i could feel a difference. My colt is put together very tightly and i think that helps. When it comes to 1911s id trust a xompany thats been doing it well over a 100 years. And to top it off they have a lifetime warrenty and customer service is great. If you need anything fixed or done to your colt they take care of you. Pay for the shippinh and send you up to date emails letting you know whats going on and they will fix anything for free or little cost to you. Imo colt is a very reputable company

forumrunner_20120528_171205.jpg

Old 05-29-2012, 05:17 AM   #54

Thnx guys , i was leaning to colt, and so far I've been tipped'. When I get one I'll post a pic

Old 05-29-2012, 05:41 AM   #55

Liked 248 Times on 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch
Thnx guys , i was leaning to colt, and so far I've been tipped'. When I get one I'll post a pic
You xan thank cane cause he proly pointed most of us towards our colts. I thank him and dont regret my purchase. I got a steal of a deal. Whatever you want go to gunbuyingclub.com mike young has the best prices has down. Got my colt for $875 the local gunshops wanted $1150 for it

Old 05-29-2012, 05:53 AM   #56

Nice . Thnx