1911, Canebrake, and a new business
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > 1911, Canebrake, and a new business

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default 1911, Canebrake, and a new business

Canebrake, nobody's opinion on the 1911 hold more water than yours around here.

I see you opening a low tech business where people can send you their new 1911s for low tech reasons. Say like myself. I have no, none, zero time time to get my new Kimber out for the mandatory 500 round test.

I could send it to you, done and done. maybe you could Frog lube it while its there stuff like that.

What say you Cane, when can you start this new venture of yours?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #2

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Hmmm.... not a bad idea at all.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 412 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 90

i see it ending poorly. cane would end up getting attached to every one, and just sending back a check to replace it, being unable to part with one....

and being bankrupted.

and i agree, cane knows enough about our beloved 1911s, that i wonder if his last name is browning.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #4

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

We tried that a few years ago. Somehow there was an unfortunate boating accident on the canal to Cane's place and all were lost. At least that is the official story.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 06-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #5

Liked 944 Times on 503 Posts
Likes Given: 692

Easy guys. Some of the statements on this site about Canebreak border on hero worship or something close. I agree he is very knowledgeable about our beloved 1911s but it is a testament to this site that there should be other 1911 expert types on this site. Not a put down on his smarts as he blows my knowledge of these guns away. I invited him to my shoot and would love to pick his brain and get to know him but there are other opinions here and else where that are as valid as anything he or anybody else here says.

And porkchops if you can't find the time to shoot 500 rds You are either working to much or need to sell your gun. Plus I'm sure Cane has more to do than play with your guns. You can send them to me though. LOL

USMC 74-78

Old 06-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #6

Liked 1422 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

What makes you think I'd accept Kimbers?

Think what a scam it would be to only accept Colt's! That's a job even I could do with zero defects.

Why? Because should I have even a canebrake issue, (I'm really picky.) all I would do is send it back to Colt's and have it returned to the owner with no reason for me to check if the problem was fixed!! Yep, I'm that confident. Can you say that about your selection of 1911 mark?

I am an owner of a used Colt 1911. I have no idea how many owners proceeded me but what I am sure of is if the gun has a problem due to anything (before I purchased it I made sure there were NO Bubba changes made), I can return it to Colt's for warranty repair. Can you say that about your selection of 1911 mark?

I am flattered with this post but my knowledge with 1911s came with my experience with Colt's and the issues posted here on the FTF with many of the other marks. With this history, I'm sure that 100 years form now, ALL other 1911 manufacturers' will still be comparing their production guns to Colt's! I'll take all bets and hold the money!)

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 06-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
Easy guys. Some of the statements on this site about Canebreak border on hero worship or something close. I agree he is very knowledgeable about our beloved 1911s but it is a testament to this site that there should be other 1911 expert types on this site. Not a put down on his smarts as he blows my knowledge of these guns away. I invited him to my shoot and would love to pick his brain and get to know him but there are other opinions here and else where that are as valid as anything he or anybody else here says.

And porkchops if you can't find the time to shoot 500 rds You are either working to much or need to sell your gun. Plus I'm sure Cane has more to do than play with your guns. You can send them to me though. LOL
Everybody say hello to the party pooper.

FYI, I have over time found I don't need to search out advice or information on anything 1911 from other than Cane.

As a person we should strive to be like Cane and as a pistol enthusiast, we should be considered lucky to know half of what Cane has learned over the years.

I don't consider it hero worship, I look at it as being smart enough to know good advice the first time. I learned those hard lessons from my dad as a kid. He was always right wasn't he? And I always wrong. And lessons learned then are now applied today. Canebrake is my 1911 final word. But that's just me. Frank

Old 06-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #8
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2986 Times on 1720 Posts
Likes Given: 1279

I would be willing to do that on the following conditions.
Send it to me through an FFL (I will fax a copy of my FFL to him/her)
Send 750 rounds of ammo (I need 250 to use in my 1911 as a comparison medium)
I will take good care of your baby (as if it were my own. No cut that, as if it were yours).
At the end of the 500 round break in, you pay shipment from me to your FFL.

(An old man told me once "If you do not make the time, you won't have the time")

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #9

Liked 1422 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post

Thank you LK, my head was getting close to implosion! Every now and then everyone needs to be brought down a peg or two. Just ask Olympus when he called me on a SIG 1911 technical issue. Yep, I let my mouth (fingers on the keyboard) write a check my body could not cash.

I'm not here to be stroked. I am here to participate in knowledge transfer. I wouldn't want you guys/gals to spend the money on dumb things like I have in my storied past. When I suggest any 1911 item you can be sure ole canebrake has had some experience with the subject.

I expect, and willingly accept that there are members here that are far more knowledgeable than me on all firearms including the 1911. Let me tell you a little about hero worship. It is extremely easy to go from hero to zero in one small brain fart! The more you learn about any subject, the more you realize how much you don't know.

At this stage of life, I'm just happy to be alive and to share my experiences with you guys.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-30-2012, 11:55 PM   #10
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2986 Times on 1720 Posts
Likes Given: 1279

+1 on that Cane.

I am learning more and more everyday. I have learned by making mistakes and by listening to others.

I have found that if I digest the info from others, I make fewer mistakes.
If 8 out of 10 people say the same thing, then maybe there is some truth there.

(But I still have this personal thing against Series 80's)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)