Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > 1911 buying info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 853 Times on 446 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
gee, Canebrake covered most all of that here in a sticky!
Lots of information on Canebrakes sticky for sure. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him and his extensive knowledge. But he didn't go into individual models that he owns and shoots. That thread is by a man who owns every model he posted on and then some. Can never have to much QUALITY info on any subject know matter who posts it Bac or Canebrack.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #42
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19567 Times on 11106 Posts
Likes Given: 49266

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
Lots of information on Canebrakes sticky for sure. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him and his extensive knowledge. But he didn't go into individual models that he owns and shoots. That thread is by a man who owns every model he posted on and then some. Can never have to much QUALITY info on any subject know matter who posts it Bac or Canebrack.
sorry i did read some of what he posted on there about various 1911's, but just couldn't continue all the way as it sounded more like an advertisement for different models of 1911's than actual field reports. Cane's advise is geared more to allowing one to determine their needs and making suggestions on what would be better suited to a persons needs. he gives information on things to consider and things to look for and to avoid. i know from personal experiance, that every pistol is different and i tend to do much research before i spend hard earned money on firearms that i am not familar with. many years ago i bought a Norinco 1911 when they were still able to import them into the USA, and that guy Bac had a good review of them! from the the one i bought and several from my friends shop that were sold, before he quit even buying them to sell, they spent more time being worked on than being shot! so i disagree with him on that one, because the ones i saw personally and the one i owned were pure junk.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #43
NTD

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3c0n5n1p3r View Post
I know I think the main problems are that the people that Are complaining about limbers have failure to eject and failure to feed is cause they are to big of *****s to shoot a 45cal pistol round if you hold the gun and shoot it and don't limp rist it then they work fine I shot 2 mags of reloads out of my kimber and no problems... Plus the 1911 needs 2 b cleaned all the time there picky guns there not a glock. Kimbers are good guns and are all match grade and awesome sure they cost Alot but get whAt u pay for. When u have a 4 in group with ur rock island 1911 at 25 yards call me...

2 mags huh...Call me when you put 3 or 4 cases through it.....2 mags...LMAO

Old 03-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #44

Liked 2368 Times on 1478 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Wow, sounds like this guy is a snob now. You inquire about RIAs, then proceed to bash them. Holy cow two mags.... I shoot close to the same groups with an RIA that I do, high end custom 1911s and out of the box kimbers. I love kimbers, I do, but I'm not going to bash my under $500 pistol. I have had no problems whatsoever of any kind with the RIA. Before you bash something think. Congrats on your new gun.....

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #45

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
Wow, sounds like this guy is a snob now. You inquire about RIAs, then proceed to bash them. Holy cow two mags.... I shoot close to the same groups with an RIA that I do, high end custom 1911s and out of the box kimbers. I love kimbers, I do, but I'm not going to bash my under $500 pistol. I have had no problems whatsoever of any kind with the RIA. Before you bash something think. Congrats on your new gun.....
You could also add the math too

You could buy 3 RIAs for the price of 1 Kimber, so you could have 3 reliable,good shooting RIAs, or 1 jamming Kimber for the same price. OR!!

You could buy 1 RIA , 3 good magazines, and 1,000 rounds of ammo for the price of 1 Kimber...so you could have a reliable,good shooting RIA with good reliable magazines and sh!t load of ammo to have fun with, or you could have 1 jamming Kimber.. :-)

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 03-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #46

Liked 2368 Times on 1478 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

You could buy 3 RIAs for the price of 1 Kimber, so you could have 3 reliable,good shooting RIAs, or 1 jamming Kimber for the same price. OR!!

You could buy 1 RIA , 3 good magazines, and 1,000 rounds of ammo for the price of 1 Kimber...so you could have a reliable,good shooting RIA with good reliable magazines and sh!t load of ammo to have fun with, or you could have 1 jamming Kimber.. :-)
Couldn't have said it better! The last 1911 I purchased was an RIA cs model. I purchased it, 500 rounds of various ammo, a set of grips, some more W.C. Mags....still under $700. Now I have a good beat around ccw, that I have lots of rounds through, know its reliable. (it has zero issues......wow.....really from a $400 gun????) oh and three holsters to accompany it. Don't get me wrong, I love high end 1911s. Have shot them since I could shoot. (Dad had a soft spot for custom 1911s) Have seen dad shoot and win many competitions with them. Have also seen him take a inexpensive, out of the box pistol and shoot groups that made me cry. I just don't see any reason to bash a weapon. I understand people have problems with certain brands....etc and that YMMV but don't bash. Inform and move on. Be happy and send rounds down range til your sore.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #47
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19567 Times on 11106 Posts
Likes Given: 49266

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post

thanks guys, i'm glad i wasn't the only one to notice the RIA bash. i have an American Classic II that is one of those $600 pistols that shoots great. pretty close to the RIA in price and quality.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #48

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Happy Fathers Day!!

Old 06-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #49

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3c0n5n1p3r View Post
I know I think the main problems are that the people that Are complaining about limbers have failure to eject and failure to feed is cause they are to big of *****s to shoot a 45cal pistol round if you hold the gun and shoot it and don't limp rist it then they work fine I shot 2 mags of reloads out of my kimber and no problems... Plus the 1911 needs 2 b cleaned all the time there picky guns there not a glock. Kimbers are good guns and are all match grade and awesome sure they cost Alot but get whAt u pay for.
Quote:
When u have a 4 in group with ur rock island 1911 at 25 yards call me.
BOLD = Bullshet

Oh, that last BS- Give me your digits - I will dam sure call you

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Last edited by HOSSFLY; 06-18-2012 at 02:52 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #50

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3c0n5n1p3r
i know i think the main problems are that the people that are complaining about limbers have failure to eject and failure to feed is cause they are to big of *****s to shoot a 45cal pistol round if you hold the gun and shoot it and don't limp rist it then they work fine i shot 2 mags of reloads out of my kimber and no problems... Plus the 1911 needs 2 b cleaned all the time there picky guns there not a glock. Kimbers are good guns and are all match grade and awesome sure they cost alot but get what u pay for. When u have a 4 in group with ur rock island 1911 at 25 yards call me...

311x311px-ll-987e1759_you-must-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg